Week 16 or not, that is the question ?

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
oh i didnt know about that......i wouldnt want to ignore people who are annoying and pedantic and wingers and moaners,as reading their letters on here makes me feel right at home...cos i live in HULL..the capital city of procrastination and wingeing.....lol.....:)

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
As a recently frustrated poster, I feel obliged to join this debate, as follows:

1. the forum should allow people to criticise suppliers who don't perform and others have a right to know

2. it's been useful to squeeze the real story out and let off steam

3. 50C mean well and do deliver as soon as they can- my criticism is they're too ready to pass on each message from Derby without verifying it

4. the customer option for those who've ordered is to wait or cancel which is why I asked Flecc about alternatives when I got near the end of my tether

5. no-one has to follow posts they don't like

6. Flecc must stay!:)

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
I too am a relative newcomer to this forum and am also one of those with a Pro Connect on order. I agree with those who say that these daily assaults on 50 Cycles are boring and unproductive. I find it hard to believe that people are really so frustrated - I'm not. And yes - it does create a negative atmosphere.

The fact is that 50 Cycles are trying to bring what many believe to be the highest quality e-bikes currently available to the UK and are experiencing teething problems with the supply chain, which extends to Japan as well as Germany. I support what they are trying to do and am happy that they have given me a 20% discount on a highly desirable product - which I see as reasonable compensation for the delays (so far only about a month). They probably don't invest vast amounts of their limited resources in customer relations : if they did, it would push prices up and given that prices are already quite high, would probably mean that bikes like Kalkhoff would be beyond many of our budgets.

Keep up the good work 50 Cycles - thank you for making the Pro Connect available for me to purchase at a reasonable price.

Thanks too to Flecc - your Agattu write-up is one of the most thorough and informative technical articles I've ever read of any consumer product. It convinced me that a pedelec was the right choice for me and guided my choice of product. Your enthusiasm for e-bikes and the knowledge you bring to this forum, free of charge, is invaluable and indispensable.

Chris

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2007
Keep up the good work 50 Cycles - thank you for making the Pro Connect available for me to purchase at a reasonable price. Chris
Good work? You'll not be saying that once you've waited 4 months, like the people you're criticising. It's not good work at all, it's frustrating, a waste of time and money and intensely annoying for people who've waited so far a lot longer than you have.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
I think anyone waiting longer than a month to receive a bike from any supplier would become frustrated, especially having parted with their cash. However, i feel that if a product is advertised as being available in say 4-5 months, from the beginning, prior to customer parting with their money, then they could decide whether to wait for the product or look elsewhere.

The due delivery date of my bike was updated constantly on the company website and the dealer kept me informed. There was frustration but only becasue i wanted to get out in the sun and ride, not with the supplier or manufacturer. Boiles down to honest business at the end of the day ;)

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
Good work? You'll not be saying that once you've waited 4 months, like the people you're criticising. It's not good work at all, it's frustrating, a waste of time and money and intensely annoying for people who've waited so far a lot longer than you have.

Sorry to correct you Jimmy, but as the Pro-Connects were never advertised as being available until March, and I ordered my Pro-Connect in early February, nobody's Pro-Connect order has been delayed any longer than mine. That is, everyone who ordered before March has experienced exactly the same delay, so far about 1 month.

As far as I can see, 50 Cycles have simply been communicating the situation as they understand it at any point in time. The only alternative would be to say absolutely nothing and simply let us know when they arrive.

Chris

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2007
Sorry to correct you Jimmy, but as the Pro-Connects were never advertised as being available until March, and I ordered my Pro-Connect in early February, nobody's Pro-Connect order has been delayed any longer than mine. That is, everyone who ordered before March has experienced exactly the same delay, so far about 1 month. Chris
No, I realise that. But most of the fuss on this forum is about the repeated delays of the diamond frame Agattu, not the Pro-Connect. When I ordered mine at the start of January, I was told delivery at end of Jan. Then Feb.... and so on. The size I ordered is still not available, 4 months later. Several people have been waiting months for them. Personally, I'm very interested to see if the same thing happens with the Pro-Connect.

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
people should go into their gardens with a spade and dig. That will be useful as well as comforting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

or better still come to my garden..i will even supply you with spade, hedge cutter, lawnmower, and any other tools you need to vent your steam off :D[/QUOTE]

....and then my garden afterwards please,(I've got a new Strimmer). :D

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------------------

or better still come to my garden..i will even supply you with spade, hedge cutter, lawnmower, and any other tools you need to vent your steam off :D
....and then my garden afterwards please,(I've got a new Strimmer). :D[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

but befor you should let anyone try your strimmer, for legal reasons you should come to my garden and test it in person..just in case..:rolleyes:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I do hope people have sorted out there differences and nobody leaves the forum as it would be a shame :(
Whilst I posted about suppliers not being able to keep their promises that kind of go's across the board with all suppliers and I guess it's a leaning curve in a relatively new market and am sure this will be remedied in time.

I don't understand however why people who have cancelled and bought an alternative bike still seem so interested in this argument, sorry discussion :D and keep on popping at the supplier.

Why bother? All it does is fuel people up who are waiting for their bikes and if they wish to wait then surely it is their choice?

It has been said that if you don't like a thread then don't read it? Well within that thread there maybe some particularly useful information to an individual so therefore they may have to trawl through the thread and posts to get to that info. I guess there needs to be some restraint on the individuals part in not responding to particular members posts and not get drawn in as I have done in the past. I ignore one particular member but that is my choice as they aggreived me somewhat. However I have found valued info and feel that the forum should carry on going for years to come!!
Don't worry be happy :)
Regards to all
Mandy

S

stokepa31

I do hope people have sorted out there differences and nobody leaves the forum as it would be a shame :(
Whilst I posted about suppliers not being able to keep their promises that kind of go's across the board with all suppliers and I guess it's a leaning curve in a relatively new market and am sure this will be remedied in time.

I don't understand however why people who have cancelled and bought an alternative bike still seem so interested in this argument, sorry discussion :D and keep on popping at the supplier.

Why bother? All it does is fuel people up who are waiting for their bikes and if they wish to wait then surely it is their choice?

It has been said that if you don't like a thread then don't read it? Well within that thread there maybe some particularly useful information to an individual so therefore they may have to trawl through the thread and posts to get to that info. I guess there needs to be some restraint on the individuals part in not responding to particular members posts and not get drawn in as I have done in the past. I ignore one particular member but that is my choice as they aggreived me somewhat. However I have found valued info and feel that the forum should carry on going for years to come!!
Don't worry be happy :)
Regards to all
Mandy
Well said Mandy but I think is all gone a bit pear shaped. Probably my fault in reality. We never seemed to swap posts during my time here. I'm a gonner in the morning (my choice) but nice to meet you. I hope to get an SE when they arrive. You seem very hapy with yours.

Regards
Paul

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Well said Mandy but I think is all gone a bit pear shaped. Probably my fault in reality. We never seemed to swap posts during my time here. I'm a gonner in the morning (my choice) but nice to meet you. I hope to get an SE when they arrive. You seem very hapy with yours.

Regards
Paul
Oh bless you Paul

Don't leave, we are all allowed our own views although it may not seem as such, you just have to keep on plugging on and adjusting so to speak.
There will be members that maybe not best buddies but that is the way of the world, everyone are different and put there own views across in different ways and this may lead to disagreement. We are all entitled to our opinions if they are legit and should be viewed as such and not a platform for an argument.
Why leave? I haven't :D
You will love the SE when you get one! I love it and find Wisper are very helpful in my experience.
Kindest Regards
Mandy

S

stokepa31

More like bless me father for I have sinned :D

My wife has been having a good old moan about the amount of time I spend on here so every cloud and all that. She's even more impressed that i've cancelled the pro connect and is currently thinking up ways to spend the cash:D

Take care

Paul

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
....and then my garden afterwards please,(I've got a new Strimmer). :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

but befor you should let anyone try your strimmer, for legal reasons you should come to my garden and test it in person..just in case..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

..Oh, I didn't know that Keith, I will be over then :D