Week 16 or not, that is the question ?

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
More like bless me father for I have sinned :D

My wife has been having a good old moan about the amount of time I spend on here so every cloud and all that. She's even more impressed that i've cancelled the pro connect and is currently thinking up ways to spend the cash:D

Take care

Paul
LOL! So what is she after? What is on the wish list?
Mine is a Nintendo Wii, lol
They look so much fun!!
Has anyone got one?

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Anyone wanna talk about helmets...har,har,har. (I bought one today) :D ;)
Which one Strangefish? You are being a little naughty :D
Don't open old wounds.
I did like that one that looked like a baseball cap featured in a previous thread though.
I just have a bog standard lilac coloured girlie one :)

Sep 24, 2007
The best bet is to put members that you find irritating or inane or posting valueless tripe, on your 'ignore' list. That way, when they bombard the site with stuff not really worth reading, it just doesn't appear on your screen at all! :) Then, you don't need to get worked up about anything, or feel annoyed or whatever. I've done that and the forum is a much better place for it, for me. I only get to read interesting stuff about electric bikes instead of attention-seeking garbage. Give it a go!

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
Which one Strangefish? You are being a little naughty :D
Don't open old wounds.
I did like that one that looked like a baseball cap featured in a previous thread though.
I just have a bog standard lilac coloured girlie one :)
Hi Mandy! Yes you are quite right of course, I was being mischevious. I knew no one would take it up so soon after the last episode...;)

..I went to Halfords yesterday, and eventually ordered a Titanium coloured "Bel" helmet with innovative back adjustment, for £26. I say ordered, because they didn't have one in stock apart from the display model! Halfords are gonna give me a call when it comes in. Was that baseball type helmet you saw in a previous thread the one that came with the rain cover and little mirror that attaches to the helmet to see behind-as it were?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
LOL! So what is she after? What is on the wish list?
Mine is a Nintendo Wii, lol
They look so much fun!!
Has anyone got one?
A friend of mine has one mandy and it is fantastic. The tennis and boxing are good fun and you get a workout too!

Go ahead, get one - you wont be disappointed :)

UrbanPuma

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Mandy! Yes you are quite right of course, I was being mischevious. I knew no one would take it up so soon after the last episode...;)

..I went to Halfords yesterday, and eventually ordered a Titanium coloured "Bel" helmet with innovative back adjustment, for £26. I say ordered, because they didn't have one in stock apart from the display model! Halfords are gonna give me a call when it comes in. Was that baseball type helmet you saw in a previous thread the one that came with the rain cover and little mirror that attaches to the helmet to see behind-as it were?
LOL!! and why not :D
Now that is cheap! I like that one but wasn't keen on the price but that sounds great! I wilI take a trip to my local Halfords to see if they are still on offer? Thanks for that info Strangefish I like the look of that helmet and kind of want to lose the Lavender coloured one as a little old hat, do ya get it? Old hat? Ok now I have seriously lost the plot, lol!

I haven't been on line since Monday as been doing a bit of overtime at work but now have a heavenly whole 5 days off so am I am catching up on all the recent posts. :eek: :D
Regards
Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
A friend of mine has one mandy and it is fantastic. The tennis and boxing are good fun and you get a workout too!

UrbanPuma
Hi Urban Puma
I really really want one! I am tempted on the plastic card thingy, oops, :)
I like the recent add with the 4 people on the sofa with the steering wheels with mario cart I believe? Looks so much fun!! The golf, tennis and the boxing too etc etc!
I have the PSP, Nintendo DS, PS2 and my son has the Xbox 360 elite so we are a little hooked on gaming here!! But the Wii kind of stands alone, don't you think? :D
Kindest regards
Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Ha Ha Grandad
It's just one of those mirrors you attach to the helmet (As I am sure you know? lol) Rear view. I really like your signature by the way, bet you're really only 20? :D

To all:
I have a Zefa spy mirror which is good and discreet and a great plastic, almost like a watch strap attachment which is convenient to attach to handle bars, forks etc with ease of removing and attaching as no screws.
Does anyone else have this mirror or one they may prefer?
Mirrors are good for guidance but the convex shape of the Zefa and others make's cars appear to look further away as you all know so do any of you have preferences? I never rely on mine 100% and just use it for guidance.
Kind Regards
Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
have a laugh and be dammed?

Errrrm
Ah well each to their own but I think it kind of applied to a few of us?
Look what a harmless chit chat can do?
If one was to block all this "Valueless Tripe" as one said then oh what a boring leccy bike forum this would be?
Plus if one was to supposedly blocking such tripe, then why should one be posting a response? There would therefore be no need to get worked up?
If a person was not able to read them then there would be no response would there?

QuoteTJimmyEngland he best bet is to put members that you find irritating or inane or posting valueless tripe, on your 'ignore' list. That way, when they bombard the site with stuff not really worth reading, it just doesn't appear on your screen at all! Then, you don't need to get worked up about anything, or feel annoyed or whatever. I've done that and the forum is a much better place for it, for me. I only get to read interesting stuff about electric bikes instead of attention-seeking garbage. Give it a go! UnQuote

I would therefore suggest that people do not be put off and carry on the idle chit chat. We all own Leccy bike's so therefore a little technical info and chit chat can intermingle and I would have thought would be allowed? Is it not? We should all support each other and liase with people without sniping at individual's or posts, especially if one has advised they can simply not read them? (Which they obvously are)
What is the problem? There isn't one, just don't read anything!! For goodness sake! :D
Lets just be happy, have fun and help each other with electric bikes please?

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

UrbanPuma
Hi UrbanPuma

Well I went and got one today and got one of those bundles from Argos with attachments 3 games etc.
I have only played the bowling at the mo with the kids and it was great fun :)
I wanted the new Mario Kart game but couldn't get it for love nor money :(
I love this console!
Mandy :D

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I just bought the Wii Sports kit.
Hi Poppy

Is that the Wii Fit with the stand etc?
I want one of those too now but can't get one in the UK at mo.
but I have managed to get the Mario Kart with the wheel some time ago now and play on line quite alot :D
Anyone out there play Mario Kart on line? lol!
One day I just may grow up???
Mandy

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON , I come to this thread looking for spleen, outrage, dissolution of civilisation (as we know it), and all I get is mimsey(I was going to say the gi**** word,) about helmets, wii, (not a clue what they are actually) and some gardening advertisements.Where is the coruscating attack on 49 Cycles for not having a tardis, where is the sneer for those who don't ride (I wont post that that's the sort of remark that probably started the fire at you know where in the first place.
Lets get real..Lady J and Me have just come back from India, there a 60 year old man one of hundreds, makes his living by renting a Tricycle in which two adults, and luggage sit and are driven 4 miles for 60 rupees thats
78p with tip a whole pound..bloody fraud..he had to get off and push up a very small hill, having no gears.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Hi Poppy

Is that the Wii Fit with the stand etc?
I want one of those too now but can't get one in the UK at mo.
but I have managed to get the Mario Kart with the wheel some time ago now and play on line quite alot :D
Anyone out there play Mario Kart on line? lol!
One day I just may grow up???
Mandy
No, i haven´t the one you mention. The truth is that I´m not interested in it. Difficult to come by in Spain too. Mine has 5 sports. It´s quite basic. But I´m new to these gadgets myself so it suits me fine. Sometimes i play with my 31 year old son. Needless to say, he beats me every time.
As you know I´m an early retiree and, along with cycling, helps me kills the time.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON , I come to this thread looking for spleen, outrage, dissolution of civilisation (as we know it), and all I get is mimsey(I was going to say the gi**** word,) about helmets, wii, (not a clue what they are actually) and some gardening advertisements.Where is the coruscating attack on 49 Cycles for not having a tardis, where is the sneer for those who don't ride (I wont post that that's the sort of remark that probably started the fire at you know where in the first place.
Lets get real..Lady J and Me have just come back from India, there a 60 year old man one of hundreds, makes his living by renting a Tricycle in which two adults, and luggage sit and are driven 4 miles for 60 rupees thats
78p with tip a whole pound..bloody fraud..he had to get off and push up a very small hill, having no gears.

Oldsoc: Sorry to contribute to what you consider inane topics. But it´s a distraction (don´t know if this is the word needed here) from my really important subject, which, by the way, you have mentioned (I can see Pedelecs administrator and Flecc sighing in consternation) that is:
WHEN IS 50 CYCLES GOING TO DELIVER THEIR BIKES, PARTICULARLY THE ONE I ORDERED, THE 49 CM GENTS PRO C.?
Now you got, a true-blue hot and heated topic. You´ll have to share the blame for the outcome of this message!

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
HI Poppy
That is only a question an Olympian can answer....If you lived near Delphi you might get more insight...

raspo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2008
Up to date news

Oldsoc:
WHEN IS 50 CYCLES GOING TO DELIVER THEIR BIKES, PARTICULARLY THE ONE I ORDERED, THE 49 CM GENTS PRO C.?
So far I have avoided getting into the disappointed comments regarding ordered bikes. However, having had an Agattu 49 on order since early March from 50 cycles and having been given some hope that they may be in by the end of this week, I am very close to succumbing to despair. Has anyone any up to date news?

Last edited:

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
So far I have avoided getting into the disappointed comments regarding ordered bikes. However, having had an Agattu 49 on order since early March from 50 cycles and having been given some hope that they may be in by the end of this week, I am very close to succumbing to despair. Has anyone any up to date news?
According to the 50 Cycles website, it should be in stock in June....er, perhaps they mean next year?

I'm still waiting for a refund of my deposit on a cancelled Pro Connect. Even though I paid by credit card and asked for a refund nearly two weeks ago, I'm told (today) that they only repay by cheque and that the person who does that is um, out of stock at the moment. I think I recognise the symptoms of a company which, under intense pressure (in this case high demand), has seen its admin go to hell in a handbasket.