Well Hello All

MaDMaKaM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 6, 2019
Hello All,

Taking delivery of his and hers Nevo GT’s early December.

Yes I know I’ve probably overspent BUT when trying bikes not many had the build quality and general ‘loveliness’ of the Riese & Müller bikes.

we are both i. The 50 to 60 disposable income available bracket so why not I thought. Hopefully the last bike I buy

Any other Nevo riders wanna share advice.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A warm welcome to the forum and it's good to learn you've chosen such high quality e-bikes. I'm sure you'll never regret it as you enjoy riding at every opportunity. Fingers crossed for good weather in December!

Last edited:

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Hello flecc

Thanks for that. We are looking to defeat the Shropshire hills where we live ..... more like in the old days

Reactions: flecc

-Dylan -

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Hello. I'm new here too and about to order an R&M Charger GT Vario. Can I please ask you a question? Have you ordered your bikes already? I have to say I am somewhat nervous of placing my order before Brexit and recieving it after when who knows what the situation will be regarding trade and taxes. If you have ordered your bikes, did you discuss this with the dealership?
(By the way. This is in no way meant to be a discussion about Brexit! In my experience, discussions about that topic can get very ugly very quickly and I haven't joined this forum for that.)
Regards

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Hi Dylan,

Brexit didn’t come up in the store (onbike, Worcester).... amazing service by the way.
I had thought there may be a delay in delivery but my bigger concern was any fluctuations in price that may happen after and hence we have ordered already.

.... and same with me .... no essays about Brexit and the likely outcomes.

I suppose personal choice but to be honest I was rather swept away in the excitement of it all.
Will try to post when I get the first RM update from dealer and when I get my pedelecs!!!

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome to the site

I have nothing but praise for On bikes Worcester there top notch

-Dylan -

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
I had thought there may be a delay in delivery but my bigger concern was any fluctuations in price that may happen after and hence we have ordered already.
That's a good point. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. I think I will go to my nearest R&M dealer (Bournemouth Cycleworks) on Saturday and get my order in.

Cheers

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
That's a good point. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. I think I will go to my nearest R&M dealer (Bournemouth Cycleworks) on Saturday and get my order in.

Cheers
Go for it!

I test rode a Charger and it was spectacular .... your gonna love it.
Best of luck

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Hi welcome to the site

I have nothing but praise for On bikes Worcester there top notch
Mike was so helpful. Perhaps the easiest purchase of a bike ever .... couldn’t be stumped by all my questions and even took my wife out on a test ride as she was a bit nervous.

On Bikes = Superb in every way. If your in the midlands head down to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019

Cheers
Hi Dylan,

well first of the 2 Nevo GT, arrived way ahead of schedule and happened to be mine !!!! Only
Managed 20 miles on it so far but wow .... what an incredible piece of kit. Waiting for wife’s now and then the adventure begins ..... huzzah

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Hi Dylan,

well first of the 2 Nevo GT, arrived way ahead of schedule and happened to be mine !!!! Only
Managed 20 miles on it so far but wow .... what an incredible piece of kit. Waiting for wife’s now and then the adventure begins ..... huzzah
CF1D6B86-402D-4B47-8B9E-F861675E2CD7.jpeg

-Dylan -

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Hi Dylan,

Looks gorgeous . I'm liking that hefty looking lock you've got there. I've bought one like it, and some ortlieb panniers, and some waterproofs... Just need the bike now.
I had a long chat with my local dealer and went for the Charger Silent in the end. Hoping for delivery in about 4 weeks or so (or sooner if I get lucky like you )

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Crikey! How much does that lot weigh?
It Weighs A LOT I reckon best part of 70lb by time if fit Basil panniers ... however handles light as a feather and the Cx motor shifts it around easy.

AlanRHB

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2019
Welcome to the forum ... that is nearly as heavy as my old Probike Mercury with SLA batteries (35kg) ... :) low centre of gravity so not so bad since I increased the torque. (with generous help from chaps on here)

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Welcome to the forum ... that is nearly as heavy as my old Probike Mercury with SLA batteries (35kg) ... :) low centre of gravity so not so bad since I increased the torque. (with generous help from chaps on here)
Hahaha yep, a bruiser alright. Not planning on doing a thing to increase torque or reduce weight .... although I think some would a Humvee style cruiser is what I wanted and what I got....... a nibble little fox dressed up as a tank ..... just ensuring all routes have no stiles

Reactions: AlanRHB

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
..... just ensuring all routes have no stiles
Certainly important for us with a tandem and a pretty heavy Motus. It's really irritating where public areas have been fenced off for grazing (fair enough) that they don't leave the gates open when there is no grazing.

My godmother used to arrange walks for people with hip replacements (the 'hippies'): no stiles was the main criterion.

MaDMaKaM

Oct 6, 2019
Yes I bet ... tandem sounds marvellous ..... I live in Shropshire and you’d be surprised, or maybe not, just how many farmers allow hedges to grow over stiles and then lock access gates. Can be a bit frustrating to turn around and have to head back. Ah well plenty of other routes around here ..... and the Shropshire hills .... hence the ebikes !!!