well plod ceased my m8s ebike last night

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Have you guys never done anything totally stupid in your lives?, most of us were young once upon a time, even if for some, it was a long time ago.
i bet he wont do that again in a hurry but it is a good job he hit that barrier cos if he never seen that then anyone in his path would have been toast going that fast.

i take risks but dont do it after 10 pints down the pub lol. learnt that one long time ago ;)

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
i bet he wont do that again in a hurry but it is a good job he hit that barrier cos if he never seen that then anyone in his path would have been toast going that fast.

i take risks but dont do it after 10 pints down the pub lol. learnt that one long time ago ;)
I agree totally SW, but some peeps have to keep headbutting the wall to see if it still hurt the same as the first time they did it ;)

Robina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2019
Let's not get too preachy,it's a good fun post!

Says he at 11.55 pm having ebiked {derestricted] 5 miles,after a session with his mates in
the pub.
It's all about the buzz , I'm 72.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Let's not get too preachy,it's a good fun post!

Says he at 11.55 pm having ebiked {derestricted] 5 miles,after a session with his mates in
the pub.
It's all about the buzz , I'm 72.
i ride my bike according to the law :p

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Usually after a RTA, the Hospital will do a blood test and report this to the Police.
They certainly will not & even if they did it wouldn't be evidence. If the police require a blood test for drink or drugs they call their own Forensic Medical Examiner (FME) to come & take the blood test.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
They certainly will not & even if they did it wouldn't be evidence. If the police require a blood test for drink or drugs they call their own Forensic Medical Examiner (FME) to come & take the blood test.
Thanks for clarifying this.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well the police did try to get a blood sample that night but as he could not breath and sign for it they told them to bog off.

so if a fme needs to get the sample plod has broken procedure then buy trying to get one that night ?

as he not seen them since that night and is getting discharged tomorrow it looks like.

KILLERDOG

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2021
Sir, your friend is an idiot. Riding on pavments and inbetween people, riding on wrong side of the wrong. This is why we are restricted to 15.5 shitty mph, because idiots like this cant fooking ride according to the law. I am disgusted !

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the vid is me on my bike pmsl i been roiling round like that since 2014 plod dont give a crap unless the $hit hits the fan :p

and its not like im the fastest thing on the road either these days and had a one wheel thing go past me going 50mph at least.

KILLERDOG

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2021
I get ya. I think a lot of ebike owners are frustrated with the law and the silly 15.5mph rule. I guess vids like this maybe fun but kinda get my goat up. Saying that, ive just been done for going 40 in a 30 zone on my Honda 600, lol. The law and police just doesnt make sense sometimes.... Oh and get this, i actually stopped an accident from happening by speeding up to 40, then the cam flashed, but no, i was doing 40 in a 30 zone so cant fight it. Looks like a speed awareness at home course for me... Grrrrr

• Informative
Reactions: Scorpio

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got no number plate so cant id me from those things but if you go past them on the pavement they cant catch you lol ;)

tho the days are coming where you wont have a choice how fast you can go in certain places as will be controlled over the wifi and limited.

or not ;)

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
... The law and police just doesnt make sense sometimes.... Oh and get this, i actually stopped an accident from happening by speeding up to 40, then the cam flashed, but no, i was doing 40 in a 30 zone so cant fight it.
I passed my car test many years ago (pre-cameras etc), advice from my driving instructor was that it was ok to break the speed limit briefly when overtaking as driving on the wrong side of the road was dangerous and safest way was to get past and back to "your" side of the road asap. Try arguing that in court these days.
Common sense left the UK a long time ago :confused:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Possibly, could be.

To get a sense of balance here, did your mate break any procedure (or law) in their cycling adventure ?
of course he did he was pissed and stoned on weed when we left the pub and tbh he is normally the one at the last of the pack but after the crash the police only got the bike and no batt as m8 had it in his back pack when they arrived as the most expensive part.

so tbh even tho he broke the law i doubt very much will come of this as all he done is broke the barrier and paid the price for it.

so i doubt it will be in the public interest for the cps to press any charges imo

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I passed my car test many years ago (pre-cameras etc), advice from my driving instructor was that it was ok to break the speed limit briefly when overtaking as driving on the wrong side of the road was dangerous and safest way was to get past and back to "your" side of the road asap. Try arguing that in court these days.
Common sense left the UK a long time ago :confused:

Last edited:

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
so tbh even tho he broke the law i doubt very much will come of this as all he done is broke the barrier and paid the price for it.

so i doubt it will be in the public interest for the cps to press any charges imo
If the police can prove its a derestricted ebike they will regard it as a Road Traffic Accident as street furniture was damaged. The council would normally claim from the motorists insurance, but in this case they may chase him personally for the repairs, or if prosecuted the courts might make him pay damages.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Sir, your friend is an idiot. Riding on pavments and inbetween people, riding on wrong side of the wrong. This is why we are restricted to 15.5 shitty mph, because idiots like this cant fooking ride according to the law. I am disgusted !
This..... With bells on.

Reactions: GSV3MiaC