Westhill Classic - Range Quality and Hill Climbing

Kevin Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2014
I'm looking to change my Freego Eagle which has developed an occasional fault and now a dead battery! I've have spotted the Westhill Classic at a £1200, sold by proper ebike shops with what looks like a good specification.
Does anybody have any experience of these, particularly with regard to range, hill climbing ability (does'nt slow to a crawl) and quality. I've seen a claim of 35 miles for an average rider in a reasonably hilly area, which would suit me well. Any thoughts or comments much appreciated
Thanks

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Worth looking at Halfords Crosspath, which is currently £1280. I've not ridden one but lots of good comments (NOT like the Crossfire). Should be better on hills as it is crank drive. Slightly bigger battery and probably (???) a little more efficiently used as well, and generally better components. Also Woosh Santana CD; CD and quite a lot bigger battery for the same price as the Westhill; but not from local shop.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Roberticus

Kevin Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for that. Had a look at these and the Woosh CD 2018 with the big battery and hydraulic brakes does look good value

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
One more comment ... depends a bit on what you mean by sold by proper ebike shops . If you assume a hidden local in that (LBS) Woosh does not really quality. If you mean a shop that really known about ebikes and offers excellent customer service, then Woosh certainly do.