Wisper We've bundled eBike security and I think we are the first!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Today we launched our new security package.

It consists of ...

1. A GPS Tracker
2. A Bluetooth Tracker
3. A movement alarm through an App on a customer's smart phone
4. 12 months App and data charges (£2.50 per month after the first year)

Yes, I know it's been done before. We've made the above available for £199.00 factory fitted on a new Wisper bike. The tracker works from the bike's battery but also has it's own 21 day power supply, keeping the GPS and alarm active whist the bike battery is removed. If the bike is nicked without a battery, and the GPS battery is flat, as soon as a new battery is installed the alarm will operate.

For an extra £100 we add the following...

4. 12 months BackPedal bike recover service.

So when your alarm sounds and your bike has gone, you call the 24hr theft hot line and speak to a member of the recovery team. You need to load your app with with your bike "passport" Frame and Battery numbers, a photograph of the bike, when it was bought etc. etc. When you talk to the recover team, you make the "passport" available to them by clicking an icon in the app. You should also at this time make a Police report via the app but this is not 100% necessary as the recovery team will look after that for you.

The BackPedal recovery team then go into action and through their agents all over the country (Usually bailiffs and ex police officers) will set the wheels in motion to recover your bike.

They currently have an 85% success rate. Just to confirm, that's nearly 9 out of every 10 bikes stolen so far have been recovered. Their average time to find, collect and repatriate a stolen bike with its owner is just 17 hours!

5. For complete peace of mind. If your bike is unrecoverable after 14 days, we will send you a new Wisper bike to the same specification, we will even deliver it to your door free of charge!

This covers bikes up to £3,500 in value.

Thoughts?

All the best, David

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Good luck with the venture, its probably very appealing for the more level headed who wont go chasing after their own bike with a speaker removed airtag embedded.

i know its a typo but it made me giggle..

Just to confirm, that's nearly 9 out of every bikes stolen so far have been recovered

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Steady on, you'll need a new awards shelf...

• :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They currently have an 85% success rate. Just to confirm, that's nearly 9 out of every bikes stolen so far have been recovered.
That's also almost 8 out of 10. Glass half full/empty.

5. For complete peace of mind. If your bike is unrecoverable after 14 days, we will send you a new Wisper bike to the same specification, we will even deliver it to your door free of charge!

This covers bikes up to £3,500 in value.
Is that cover provided by their insurance or yours?

https://backpedal.co/legals

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can i have the gps location so i can fire a missile at it and just buy a new one. :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: Wayners

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Does backpedal insure any ebike, for example an illegal ebike with a more powerful power than 250W, do they care? Scant info on their website.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
:) :)
Serous;y though, good idea, guy I know came out of Lidl today to this. Scum...

View attachment 55203
Thieving scum! The only way to keep your bike safe, is to tow a big safe to your locking point, fold the bike and trailer into it and lock that up.

• :D

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That's also almost 8 out of 10. Glass half full/empty.

I’m a great one for Typos!

Is that cover provided by their insurance or yours?

https://backpedal.co/legals
It’s BackPedal’s insurance through Sundays.

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Good luck with the venture, its probably very appealing for the more level headed who wont go chasing after their own bike with a speaker removed airtag embedded.

Oooops! Thanks. ☺

All the best, David

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Trackers to me are pointless, 1. they can be found and 2. They don't stop it being stolen.

Also yet another app you have to pay for, which is pointless when the company goes bust.

Just fit an Air Tag

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
This is a very well thought out scheme!
Congrats!
Thanks, I am happy to share the contacts and knowledge if you would like to offer the same. At this price we dont make a profit after the fitting labour has been taken into account, but we feel it's a good addition to our specs.

If you would like to have the intros please email me.

All the best, David

Reactions: Peter.Bridge