What a machine!!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
How much does it weigh? There's room for elbow rests on the front boxes, for comfiness on long rides. There might be something wrong with me, but I like this build! A proper tourer.
Ad said 19kg, but i think seller left a 0 off that figure. I think you need to see your doctor and gets your meds adjusted.;)

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I should come clean and say this machine is NOT mine, I've not completely lost the plot.o_OWTF was my first reaction and thought it would provide some entertainment for the forum. It does I guess follow the saying "if it can be imagined, it can be built", although i think mind altering drugs may have been involved here.
Oh no! :eek: I was looking forward to reports of 200+ mile wobbly and highly uncomfortable riding experiences, as this magnificent steed toured it's way accompanied by frenzied media fanfare from Land's End to John O'Groats, publicising what a real ebike was capable of!

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My bad WP, I get both of you Pete's mixed up and forget who has converted and done what :confused:.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
£4600 for a diy bodged death trap, yeah right.
For that money one can buy a proper electric moped that is legal for a lot cheaper.
Bike weight is 65kg and the hub alone is 19 /20k and the scary bit all this is on a bog std bike frame, I don't think so.

• Agree

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It could be yours.
Only 2 X 16ah batteries!?!? There's room for 12 X 16ah = 192ah!!!! Bitterly disappointed by such pitifully low battery capacity. I won't be investing, I'm out!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I couldn't resist coming back to this and probably one of the worst and most dangerous ebike builds ever seen/posted on the forum.
Unbelievably the asking price has jumped from a laughable £4600 to an outrageous and despicable asking of £8580, talk about a scammer.

Reactions: wheeliepete

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You know you want it Neal, go on, make an offer ;)would save building the cargo bike, i'm sure it would tow a trailer fine:Dit's deff. worth keeping in the current thread list for the grin/disbelief/horror factor.

Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My needs are more respectable and sensible, likely once my current nearly 16 yo car comes to end of life it may not get replaced. So a nice cargo ride and my slightly oversize trailer bed & cargo box will suit most of my needs. The wife would never be without a car so I would lean on her to get me about if needing one.
The Roadrat gets me by for a mini shop and the trailer if need be for a larger shop, the Ute ultimately will be the ideal capacity loader for a good shop and the trailer for my heavier/bulky towing needs.

I don't see the point in having an over powered high current demand bike as it offers no real exercise benefits esp if a throttle is constantly used or a PAS 5, look at a lot of the build threads or Q's on here. There are a lot of illegal intentions of high power mopeds being talked about or actually ridden.
Yesterday I replied to a post about one but I shall try and make it my last unless posted in the correct associated sub forum for which we have on here.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My needs are more respectable and sensible, likely once my current nearly 16 yo car comes to end of life it may not get replaced. So a nice cargo ride and my slightly oversize trailer bed & cargo box will suit most of my needs. The wife would never be without a car so I would lean on her to get me about if needing one.
The Roadrat gets me by for a mini shop and the trailer if need be for a larger shop, the Ute ultimately will be the ideal capacity loader for a good shop and the trailer for my heavier/bulky towing needs.

I don't see the point in having an over powered high current demand bike as it offers no real exercise benefits esp if a throttle is constantly used or a PAS 5, look at a lot of the build threads or Q's on here. There are a lot of illegal intentions of high power mopeds being talked about or actually ridden.
Yesterday I replied to a post about one but I shall try and make it my last unless posted in the correct associated sub forum for which we have on here.
Maybe your bees could be trained to buzz you along? Bees run on flower power. We'd hear you before we saw you

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Perhaps the the purpose of this build is to facilitate the rapid delivery of organs for transplant? It'd weave through traffic fast, organs safely tucked away in those boxes up front (valuable life-saving transplant kidneys should never be out of sight, lest they get eaten), which judging by the specs, don't contain batteries.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Organ transplants use proper cycle couriers for blood and the like.
Any one riding that bike will become either an organ donor themselves or the recipient of one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I love this quote from the video: "A great way to make a small fortune from motorsports, is to start with a large fortune"... plus hospital bills. A mate of mine lost £20k+ in two seconds racing, or attempting to start racing - dodgy gearbox caused him to crash into the car in front