What Am I looking for?

isla

Pedelecer
May 30, 2020
Hi, sorry it’s me again. Right the batteries that go into the bike vertically match up at the bottom with the connection on the bike that has 4 prongs.

Can someone point me to an adapter thing that would go onto the 4 prongs to turn them into 2 prongs so that we could use a battery that only has 2 holes instead of 4 at the bottom. Some sort of an adapter perhaps?

It might not be possible for us to do this but I’m just trying to weigh up costs etc at the moment.

Thanks

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, sorry it’s me again. Right the batteries that go into the bike vertically match up at the bottom with the connection on the bike that has 4 prongs.

Can someone point me to an adapter thing that would go onto the 4 prongs to turn them into 2 prongs so that we could use a battery that only has 2 holes instead of 4 at the bottom. Some sort of an adapter perhaps?

It might not be possible for us to do this but I’m just trying to weigh up costs etc at the moment.

Thanks
After careful measuring, perhaps the removal/dismantling of the 4 pins, may reveal a way to get rid of the two not needed. At worst, you may possibly cut two off, but watch where the filings go!
I assume that two will still make contact!!
The usual reason for 4 (2 x 2) pins, is to make sure that any current taken, does not heat up the pins so much, by distributing it over more contact surfaces!
So measure first with an Ohm meter, are they connected in pairs or not?
Do observe polarity on both sides correctly, otherwise it may self destruct!
Best wishes.
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some generic battery/carriers use four pins for on bike charging, the carrier may have its own charge point for when the battery charge port is obscured by said carrier.
For instance the outer pins are pack voltage +/- and the two inner ones charge +/-, one should use a meter on the battery to check first.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Thanks
We need to know which bike and which battery. It's best to show a photo or two.