What does the trade use ...

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
by way of a repair/maintenance stand when it comes to step-through pedelecs? We have a cheapo stand from Lidl which works well enough with bikes which have a crossbar, but I was just wondering what the trade uses instead where there's no crossbar ...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Weightlifting statue mime artists? My bike frame can't be held by a Lidl stand, so I hang it from the ceiling using a suspension trainer:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
DIY-wise, if I needed to do this, I would make a temporary crossbar, perhaps from two 2x1 battens with recesses to suit the frame members and a few bolts or screws to clamp them together and some protective padding.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The dutch(who apparently know a thing or two about bikes) use a sling and pulley system hung from above.

Reactions: danfoto

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
As the man says, use the seat stay, this will give you decent balance too if you have a heavy rear hub.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
by way of a repair/maintenance stand when it comes to step-through pedelecs? We have a cheapo stand from Lidl which works well enough with bikes which have a crossbar, but I was just wondering what the trade uses instead where there's no crossbar ...
I clamp the saddle post to the Park Tool PCS10 stand's arm.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if i worked for you id go on the sick with a bad back!! :p

get it off the tax man as a business expense ;)

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
lidls bike stands are now £39.99.

Reactions: Woosh

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
That is what I do. But to help me lift the bike into place, I put the front wheel on an upturned box, then I do not need to take the entire weight of the bike to position it in the clamp. Even I can manage that.

Reactions: Woosh and guerney