What ebike should I buy??

Lostone98

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 29, 2019
Hello I am 32 years of age, not old or with major health problems but unfit and need to loose the extre weight. I rode my old bike up the hill and yeah that did not go well.

I wont need it to drive really long distance (like driving the commute to work) but need an bike to last me at least 5 or 6 hours and needs an of switch when not needed.

I will only drive it on the roads (in the valley) and on bike paths, asphalt or gravel. So no need of a MTB but I think I like a front suspension. Not sure If it is really needed.

I was looking at a hybrid gravel ebike but I been told that they are more expensive by my local bike store. My budget is about £1000-2000 (looking for a mid range bike, not a cheapy one but not high end either) and needs to be on 0% Apr finance which my store does.

I was recommended this website by a fellow reddit user and was also told that the most respected ebike company is German brands, my bike store sells cube and Bergamont (which someone told me is a ripoff)

It needs to be available in a local bike shop (within south Wales) and I'm not willing to buy online or import as I like having the convenience of a lbs. It also needs to last me most of my life, with upwards a little maintenance. Needs good amount of gears for the many steep hills I will be riding.

Many thanks

Last edited: