What is your Custom Riding mode Profile?

Nothgiel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2019
I have not thought how to improve the default riding mode profile and was wondering how yours looks here's mine in default:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
300% 35mph :p

Nothgiel

Apr 15, 2019
Thats an interesting profile Nextlife1 I guess that gives you assistance at a low speed and then cuts down to a more economical level of assist. How does this affect your range?

Nextlife1

Jan 2, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Since I normally ride in Mode 1 or off on the flats I get a lot of added range despite riding the hills every day in Marin north of San Francisco. I can easily get 80-100 miles on a charge but that is deceptive due to the amount of time I don’t use the motor. I ride a road eBike for exercise, so my curves are designed to allow me to maintain a relatively constant power output and cadence and thus heart rate. So when I start climbing a hill as it gets steeper and I slow down more the assist increases, allowing me to maintain cadence. On the flats, where I want little or no assist, it gives great power to start up (really encourages me to stop at stop signs and traffic lights!) and then within a few pedal strokes is down to a “maintenance” level of 30%. Modes 2 - 4 are when I want to power up shorter hills faster or want to more easily ride with city traffic. Can’t remember the last time I used the standard modes!