What motor is this please?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For sure it's a D/D more then likely 1kw, you will have to contact the seller as to where the kit cam from as most appear to look the same.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
For sure it's a D/D more then likely 1kw, you will have to contact the seller as to where the kit cam from as most appear to look the same.
Thanks. I thought for £200, the motor, battery-BMS combo may be worth it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The motor is a generic Chinese direct drive motor. You'd need to see the controller to know what power it's running at.

Unless you want to travel at a sustained 20mph, you'll probaly find that that motor is not such a good idea. They're not very efficient for stop-start riding and they don't freewheel very well. The bike itself is not up to the power of the motor, in particular the brakes and tyres. You'd be surprised at how much extra stopping power you need when you raise your average speed by 5 mph, especially when you add the weight of a motor like that. I can't see a display on the handlebars, so that probably means a basic throttle-only controller, which might not be suitable for other types of motor. That leaves the battery that looks a bit small for the motor. I would guess about 10 miles range.

£200 is a fair price for what you get, if that's the sort of thing you want. I'd be surprised if you would enjoy riding it, other than the feeling of the power as you first open the throttle.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
The motor is a generic Chinese direct drive motor. You'd need to see the controller to know what power it's running at.

Unless you want to travel at a sustained 20mph, you'll probaly find that that motor is not such a good idea. They're not very efficient for stop-start riding and they don't freewheel very well. The bike itself is not up to the power of the motor, in particular the brakes and tyres. You'd be surprised at how much extra stopping power you need when you raise your average speed by 5 mph, especially when you add the weight of a motor like that. I can't see a display on the handlebars, so that probably means a basic throttle-only controller, which might not be suitable for other types of motor. That leaves the battery that looks a bit small for the motor. I would guess about 10 miles range.

£200 is a fair price for what you get, if that's the sort of thing you want. I'd be surprised if you would enjoy riding it, other than the feeling of the power as you first open the throttle.
As always. Thanks for your in depth and likely very accurate assessment!

I kind of suspected that may be the case. My friend is in the running for an electric bike so I'm always on the look out for something to build him on a relatively minor budget.