Help! What size step through e-bike for 165cm?

daynoir

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Hi all,
I've been lurking, trying to find clarity on types and brands and everything e-bike related. Thank you for all of your discussions - they've helped!

However, I'm a bit stuck when it comes to e-bike sizes - I'm 165cm tall and want a step-through, (with a £1200ish budget). Which bikes are going to be okay for me?
I think I need to look for a "small" frame? But I can't ever find the info on manufacturer websites - for example which of the Wisper 705 would be most appropriate.. the 24" or 26"? Wheel size, frame size, general size, inches, centimetres, argh!..
can someone help.. what number (s) should I be looking at and what should they be?

Thanks in advance.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Woosh Santana CD. Currently in stock.
Very smooth, comfortable and capable bike.

Step through Dutch style frame, crank driven, 9--speed Shimano Deore, gear shift sensor, 5-level pedal assist and throttle, hydraulic disc brakes, Suntour NEX suspenson fork, fully equipped with lights, bell, kick stand and mudguards.
Santana-CD with 15AH battery (50 miles range): Only £1,099
Santana-CD with 17AH battery (60 miles range): Only £1,169
Free delivery.

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-cd

daynoir

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Woosh Santana CD. Currently in stock.
Very smooth, comfortable and capable bike.
Thanks for the speedy response - I haven't seen chain drive before. I'll have a nosey. Have briefly looked at the Santana3 (it's been mentioned a lot on the forum) - would it be too big?
Edit: does chain drive = crank / mid-drive motor?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Have briefly looked at the Santana3 (it's been mentioned a lot on the forum) - would it be too big?
same frame.
If you are less than 1.75m tall, we fit unsprung seat post.

Edit: does chain drive = crank / mid-drive motor?
yes.

The Santana CD is a very nice bike, very capable and it has a throttle.
That's as rare as hen's teeth among mid drive bikes.
I like it very much.
With most mid drive bikes, you have to pedal much harder when going uphill, especially when it's steep.
With the Santana CD, you can use the throttle to climb steep hills.

Reactions: daynoir

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi all,
I've been lurking, trying to find clarity on types and brands and everything e-bike related. Thank you for all of your discussions - they've helped!

However, I'm a bit stuck when it comes to e-bike sizes - I'm 165cm tall and want a step-through, (with a £1200ish budget). Which bikes are going to be okay for me?
I think I need to look for a "small" frame? But I can't ever find the info on manufacturer websites - for example which of the Wisper 705 would be most appropriate.. the 24" or 26"? Wheel size, frame size, general size, inches, centimetres, argh!..
can someone help.. what number (s) should I be looking at and what should they be?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Daynoir,

Woosh do make great bikes too.

If you would still like to consider a Wisper. I would recommend either the 705 24" or 26" if you a are confident rider go for the larger size.

The most important thing is to test ride a bike first, where are you based? I could recommend a good dealer for you to go and try.

All the best, David

Reactions: daynoir

daynoir

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2020
The most important thing is to test ride a bike first, where are you based? I could recommend a good dealer for you to go and try.
Thanks David. Trying would be a good idea though I'm not sure many places here are allowing that yet - I'm in Cardiff, Wales.