What would you choose out of these three and why.??

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Hi,everyone......Sorry,but another newbie to Ebiking.

I'm looking for a bike that would work as a all rounder maximum spend upto £2000.00,so out of the 3 what would you choose and why or are there better options out there that would suit me better..

I live in a very hilly area of east sussex "Robertsbridge" I would also use it a places like Bredgebury Pinetum,but only the more gentler coarses as well as road use.

My stats are....Height 5ft 10,Weight 182lbs,fitness level poor.

I have made a shortlist of the bikes I'm interested in.......

Kudos......Eiger
Ktm..........eCross P
Kudos.......Escape

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 4366

For my new theory, could you answer this question, which might help us to select. Have you already worn, or do you thing in the future that you might wear lycra cycle clothing?

Reactions: Cyclezee and D8ve

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I used to wear all lycra years ago and still partly do under the rugby shorts. Padding is useful.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Welcome dinger, it's not always like this............
I can't advise you but there will be lots of opinions coming I'm sure:)
Dave.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
For my new theory, could you answer this question, which might help us to select. Have you already worn, or do you thing in the future that you might wear lycra cycle clothing?
Is this a serious question.??????? if so, No I wont be weary any lycra as I don't have the figure for it.:D

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Welcome dinger, it's not always like this............
I can't advise you but there will be lots of opinions coming I'm sure:)
Dave.
Thanks D C.

Reactions: D C

berkobennie

Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2012
Berkhamsted, Herts
Have done about 500 miles on my KTM eRace P now, it is a fantastic bike.
Good specification components, 3x10 speed derailleur and the Panasonic hub climbs like a goat!
Last couple of rides have been on South Downs Way

Has coped with everything thrown at it, feels very stable, even on lumpy descents, which I'm not really confident on, really is a well thought out and well put together bike, I am very happy with mine.
At 63 yrs, 85kg, 5ft 6in and not very fit, I can get to places that would otherwise be very difficult. Battery usage is good, even on these sort of gradients I'm getting 36 miles with about 18% remaining.
Heard great reviews on the forum about the Panasonic hub, but the best advice was 'try before you buy!'

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
If you're not too far from Shoreham (or if going to Hampton Wick to try the KTM / Kudos) it's worth trying a Kalkhoff as well. 50Cycles have shops in Hampton Wick and Shoreham. For a crank drive bike, the Kalkhoffs are difficult to beat. If you prefer a hub motor, the KTM (see previous post) is excellent. The Kudos bikes are in a different price bracket (cheaper) but have a loyal following.

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
Likewise - after trying out the Kudos & KTM bikes at Redbridge leccy bike day I went for a KTM eRace P 29 which for me was best uphill and allround. Though best get a test ride @ http://londonelectricbike.com and see what you think before splashing out.
+1…
I also found the Panasonic hub motor the best climber, if you can afford the KTM then it's a serious contender.
But if you can, try the Kudos... It's surprisingly good for the money.

D

Deleted member 4366

Is this a serious question.??????? if so, No I wont be weary any lycra as I don't have the figure for it.:D
Yes it is a seriouse question. From observations and previous posts on the forum, I've made the theory that people that wear lycra prefer a torque controlled system. Those that don't, prefer a speed control system. Out of the shortlist, then, thete's a fair chance that you'd prefer the Kudos bikes; however, I think that the Kudos Tornado, Arriba, Typhoon or Escape might be better suited to you.

If you can wait a few weeks the new Oxygen that won the Electric Bike World Championships a couple of weeks ago is a very desirable bike. Check out their website for latest details.

Not so modern looking, but very strong, reliable and comfortable is the Ezee Torq

All these bikes have motors that produce a lot of torque. The Oxygen and Ezee have independent throttles as well as pedal sensors. Throttles are very useful at times.