Wheel builders in NE London / SW Herts

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Shout out for the Cheshunt branch of Stanley Bridge Cycles who are building me a wheel from scratch for £23-£28 max, I just provide the hub-motor and rim, they measure up and source the spokes for £12 if I wish. Result.

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Good to hear as their premises aren't too far away from my neck of the woods. The Lee Valley park, near to that bike shop is nice, scenic, easy -riding territory with plenty of wildlife. Some hardy friends have ridden from Broxbourne all the way to the Olympic park, (and back!) but I can't seem to get past the beer shops at Waltham Abbey.

Tom

Reactions: jonathan75

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Does anybody know if Whiskers bikes at Goffs Oak is still in existence? I used to buy stuff there at good prices, and even when I moved away from North London I still bought there by mail order. But since everything went online I’ve never come across them and they seem to have never had an online presence.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Thanks oldtom. I used to buy parts from them by mail order up to the start of the millennium but I sold my last road bike then. So just idle curiosity really since a few of you still live and cycle round that way.