Wheel upgrade advice

Simon C

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2016
North West
Hi All

Recently purchased Haibike Hardseven
Not overly impressed with the wheels was looking for advice to upgrade especially rear already slightly buckled and dont think it will stand up to the terrain in the long term.

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I've ruined several wheels and got special ones made by SJS, never had a problem with one of theirs.
They will work with your hub, fit a Rhyno rim with new spokes and it should come in under £200. They are experienced with hub motors which sometimes aren't up to normal hub standards.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Simon C

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2016
North West
I've ruined several wheels and got special ones made by SJS, never had a problem with one of theirs.
They will work with your hub, fit a Rhyno rim with new spokes and it should come in under £200. They are experienced with hub motors which sometimes aren't up to normal hub standards.
thanks for the info
do you have any contact details

Cheers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I can vouch for 26" Mavic Crossmax SX and Nukeproof Generator DH or AM wheels, our bikes run these and i've not had a problem with them...the Nukeproofs are 3 years old, been abused on all sorts of bikes and still run arrow true:cool:...I've got 650b Crossmax Enduro WTS on my Nukeproof Mega AM tho and they're always needing attention, so can't recommend them:(.

Reactions: Simon C

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I really rate the Swiss DT M442 wheel set that come factory fitted to both of my KTM's. They put up with all of my abuse, and have stayed straight and true. They also caused no hassle making them tubeless ready.
In the case of the Macina Lycan, they have only required minor tensioning come service time. Checked using a DT Swiss Spoke Tension Meter.
I haven't had the Macina Race wheel set spoke tension checked yet, but don't imagine that they will be any different.

The plus side of you owning a crank drive bike, is that you have so many options to choose from.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
When I get around to the nexus 8 I will lace it into a DT Swiss rim brake e-bike rim. Then I will take it to LBS to have it trued. I will make a matching wheel for the front too.

I am looking at my options for my hub motor still but will probably go the same way, lace it into a rim and have it trued by the LBS.

I think they charge 15€ per wheel for truing.