Where to buy step-through frame to build ebike?

tpw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2018
I'd really like to convert my ebike to a step through frame, does anyone know where I could find one?

I've been looking on ebay, but having trouble finding one with horizontal dropouts, disc brake mounts, and preferably a battery cage behind the seat tube. Bike stores seem to just have road and mountain bike frames.

Does anyone know where shops that sell pre-built ebikes get their frames from?

tpw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2018
Yeh convert probably wasn’t the best word

I just meant I currently have a normal men’s frame with a BBS01b that I installed myself, and I’d like to swap the frame for a step through one but I don't know where to find one

Last edited:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I had exactly the same problem. I found a frame on AliExpress, with almost-horizontal dropouts, but no disc mounts. I have tried to put a link on here, but AliExpress is a bit odd this morning! J S EBike store is the firm, if you search. I bought it four years ago, have done over 12,000 miles on it, and it's still in one piece. There is a Freego frame on EBay for £55, but vertical dropouts. I tried frame builders in the UK, who could 'build anything', but who suddenly lost interest.
This is a good site to drool over! Not sure if they will sell one frame.
Another one here:
https://metal-bike.en.alibaba.com/ Once you have exactly the frame you want, you can build your perfect bike - it's a great feeling!