Where to get Statorade Ferrotec APG1110 in UK

izy

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2020
I did my first ebike conversion recently and while looking up questions about waterproofing I found the mention of ferrofluid.

also known as Statorade or Ferrotec APG1110

unfortunate for me is it seems to be in bulk or imported from Australia at triple the price
so i was wondering has anyone tried doing this or know a cheaper my local supplier.

thanks again

also loving my first ever conversion im down the rabbit hole
1500W rear hub (2 torque arms for safety, custom cassette spacer) 48V 17.5ah battery (gonna replace this with a triangle in future)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's usually used as a motor coolant for hot rodding hubs with much higher current and voltage , for most use installing the hub correctly and checking the rotor bolt holes are blind is more then enough.
My Bafang cst has some 9k mile on it now and last time it was opened, was perfect inside. It is used in all weather and has been ridden in flood water above the axle and was opened a some 2 odd years ago following floods.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: izy and Fordulike

izy

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2020
fair enough still got plenty of time until summer other than that its going well with bike if its warm i will re-evaluate it

range could be better with a 48V 17.5ah hailong battery.

planning in future probably in summer time to upgrade to a homemade triangle 54V 24AH battery using 21700 cells

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
What's the max amp rating of your controller? I've read, over on Endless Sphere, that riders who use that stuff in their hubs are running monster amps.

It's unlikely you'll need to cool your set-up down, plus you may have the problem of the fluid leaking out of the axle bearings or casing seals.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A guy on pedelecforum .de was running a swxk at 60v and 40a he stripped the nylon gears so replaced with steel ones and some oil cooling not sure if he used ferrotec or not,

Last edited: