Which bike from a choice of 3??

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Donna, most will fit. It's best to try a few. We have a universal adaptor, when fitted you can use practically any panniers on the market. We would be happy to send one to you.

Best regards, David

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
Hi David
Ok now I've bought an e bike my husbands a bit concerned that he might not be able to keep up with me so considering get a used bike as he can't justify a new one for little use. He's seen a used 905 wisper for sale can you give us any tips on things to look for if he looks at it. It's about 2 years old
Thanks

McCol

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2016
Devon
Ok back to my original question on this thread!

Tried both the Cube touring hybrid 400 and the Hyprid Pro HPA 29. Thought they were both excellent and was amazed at what the ebike is capable of. The difference between the 60 and 70 torque was minimal to me. Today I tried the Trek Dual Sport+ with Shimano motor. This too was also very good but difficult to compare as I only had for 10 minutes compared to over an hour on the both the cubes.

Now here's the rub - I was about to pull the trigger on the Cube, £900 card and the rest on Cyclescheme, but the shop owner informs me he wants 10% extra for the Cube if doing on Cyclescheme as "it's more hassle than it's really worth for me" was flabbergasted to be honest as after checking with other retailers nobody else is doing this for Cube or any other brand.

I want to buy local and that leaves me with the following choices
Whyte Clifton - http://www.ukbikefactory.com/whyte-clifton-e-bike-2017.html

Trek Dual sport+ - http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/Trek-DUAL-SPORT-Hybrid-Electric-Bike-2017

Saracen Juiced - http://www.velobikes.co.uk/2916439/products/saracen-2017-juiced-e-bike--hybrid-electric-bike--black.aspx - Can get this for the same price as the other 2.

I'm not adverse to buying the Cube online but would rather have a local shop to deal with.

Can anybody offer advise on the different specs around the forks, gears etc and whether or not the Shimano is a step down from the Bosch in the Cube?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes the C2W work scheme is really unnecessarily expensive, it costs the shop keeper 10% and for what? There is a new scheme the C2W Pro that will allow you to go to £1800 or any price for that matter and will only charge 5%, if you like the Cube maybe the shop keeper would be OK with that?

All the best

David

Reactions: RobF

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

McCol

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2016
Devon
Yes the C2W work scheme is really unnecessarily expensive, it costs the shop keeper 10% and for what? There is a new scheme the C2W Pro that will allow you to go to £1800 or any price for that matter and will only charge 5%, if you like the Cube maybe the shop keeper would be OK with that?

All the best

David
My NHS trust only uses the Cyclescheme. To be honest though if he wants to pass on the extra cost but only on certain bikes then don't run the scheme! No other retailer around me is doing the same. In the space of a day he has lost 3 possible bike sales and the repeat buisness that may bring with it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
will have to wait till end of October when the 2017 mtb come out.

they will not be cheap either

McCol

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2016
Devon
will have to wait till end of October when the 2017 mtb come out.

they will not be cheap either
Think i'll buy now and wait until further down the line.
Thanks for the link though.

Just trying to decide on those models listed, leaning towards the Saracen at the minute.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ

Tried both the Cube touring hybrid 400 and the Hyprid Pro HPA 29. Thought they were both excellent and was amazed at what the ebike is capable of. The difference between the 60 and 70 torque was minimal to me. Today I tried the Trek Dual Sport+ with Shimano motor. This too was also very good but difficult to compare as I only had for 10 minutes compared to over an hour on the both the cubes.

Now here's the rub - I was about to pull the trigger on the Cube, £900 card and the rest on Cyclescheme, but the shop owner informs me he wants 10% extra for the Cube if doing on Cyclescheme as "it's more hassle than it's really worth for me" was flabbergasted to be honest as after checking with other retailers nobody else is doing this for Cube or any other brand.

Trek Dual sport+ - http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/Trek-DUAL-SPORT-Hybrid-Electric-Bike-2017

Saracen Juiced - http://www.velobikes.co.uk/2916439/products/saracen-2017-juiced-e-bike--hybrid-electric-bike--black.aspx - Can get this for the same price as the other 2.

I'm not adverse to buying the Cube online but would rather have a local shop to deal with.

Can anybody offer advise on the different specs around the forks, gears etc and whether or not the Shimano is a step down from the Bosch in the Cube?
Looking specs on Trek, brakes are good have them on my MTB, shocks very average. This is communter/ trekking and light off road ie hard packed trails. It is definintely not MTB material.

E6000 STEPs is good drive system but is design for road and light off road use.

I suspect price is quite high given components, do some research and see how price compares to similar STEPs bikes.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
My NHS trust only uses the Cyclescheme. To be honest though if he wants to pass on the extra cost but only on certain bikes then don't run the scheme! No other retailer around me is doing the same. In the space of a day he has lost 3 possible bike sales and the repeat buisness that may bring with it.
Hi McCol, thinking this through, the retailer should take your order, he would certainly do better than not taking it at all. Also if you are paying £800 to him directly, the 10% hit is mitigated to about 5.5%, I wonder of he has really thought this through?

Good luck in your search!

All the best, David

McCol

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2016
Devon
Hi McCol, thinking this through, the retailer should take your order, he would certainly do better than not taking it at all. Also if you are paying £800 to him directly, the 10% hit is mitigated to about 5.5%, I wonder of he has really thought this through?

Good luck in your search!

All the best, David
Hi David
I was going to around 850 and put 850 on the cyclescheme, baffled by his attitude to be honest. The two other retailers local to me do not charge this extra fee. The retailer should advertise this when claiming to be part of the cyclescheme.
Just phoned the retailer to confirm the 10% charge and point out nobody else locally is doing this, he got a bit narked and said it was common practice. So it is down to one of the three listed.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
My local bike shop charges full price for Cyclescheme bikes but will generally offer a 10 percent discount for a cash sale.

I suppose it comes to roughly the same thing, but it seems to me to be a better way of putting it over to the customer.

Reactions: McCol

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

The Whyte would be my choice, no suspension fork is a big weight benefit.

The cheapo sus fork on the other bikes won't work very well anyway.

The Whyte also has narrower tyres, but still plenty of meat for your needs.

Pushing the 2" wide tyres on the Saracen on road or cycle path will be harder work, use a bit more power, but add nothing to the ride.

The Giant is somewhere in the middle.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The Sarcaren is better spec bike, good brakes and air shocks. After having air shocks there is no going back, coil shocks.

The other plus is it is running 38t chainring, which lowers gearing, not to be under estimated on those steeper hills. With 25km/hr cutoff you will be in 6-7 gear, with top gears for unassisted riding >25km/hr.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David
I was going to around 850 and put 850 on the cyclescheme, baffled by his attitude to be honest. The two other retailers local to me do not charge this extra fee. The retailer should advertise this when claiming to be part of the cyclescheme.
Just phoned the retailer to confirm the 10% charge and point out nobody else locally is doing this, he got a bit narked and said it was common practice. So it is down to one of the three listed.
Strange behaviour indeed!

I think you are better off with someone else.

Regards David