Which display will work with TSDZ2H?

madwithinmad

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2020
All of them mention bafang. The Tongsheng TSDZ2H has 5 pin socket so any advertised as "Plug Type: 5-pin waterproof quick release female "for bafang should work with TSDZ2H right?

Another question do I need the option of voltage and power on display? I would rather prefer a stealth/minimalist display, my current display is the size of pda

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The bafang will not just connect and work:( the cable connectors are different and the display and motor use non compatible comms :confused: read the link it tells you how to flash the display and cut and join the cables .
Have not done this mod yet but others have :) a long thread on endless sphere about the firmware and hardware

madwithinmad

May 16, 2020
The bafang will not just connect and work:( the cable connectors are different and the display and motor use non compatible comms :confused: read the link it tells you how to flash the display and cut and join the cables .
Have not done this mod yet but others have :) a long thread on endless sphere about the firmware and hardware
Seem to be same 5pin connectors?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
May look the same but firmware not compatible check out the endless sphere thread it explains in great details ,they have the new firmware required to use the display

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
5 pin Higo (Bafang) & 5 pin Julet (std oem) look similar and fit well together, though they are wholly incompatible as the wire sequence is different.
If a Bafang display worked then surely Tongshng would have used them ?

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The display uses a different protocol it will work when re-flashed and the connections cable cut and soldered
eco bikes can supply the parts required or its a cut and solder job
The basic tsdz2 displays have two versions with 5 wire and 8 wire looms that even means that you cannot add a throttle and brake cut outs to the xh18 display with out a controller and cable change
if you want a hassle free fit buy the complete kit

madwithinmad

May 16, 2020
The display uses a different protocol it will work when re-flashed and the connections cable cut and soldered
eco bikes can supply the parts required or its a cut and solder job
The basic tsdz2 displays have two versions with 5 wire and 8 wire looms that even means that you cannot add a throttle and brake cut outs to the xh18 display with out a controller and cable change
if you want a hassle free fit buy the complete kit
Alright I cancelled the order. Can you give me the link to the complete kit?

madwithinmad

May 16, 2020
LINK IN POST 9
Thanks. In the meantime can you help me with the settings? They are ****. Is it inches or mm, is it diameter or circumference, is it wheel or tyre, no manual no nothing. If inches and my tyres are 27.5 that means 584mm to inches 23in ?

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Option for wheel dia,
mesure the height of the wheel and set to that my 29er is over 30inches
You need to start at 27.5 if that is the size on the side of your tyre

madwithinmad

May 16, 2020
Option for wheel dia,
mesure the height of the wheel and set to that my 29er is over 30inches
You need to start at 27.5 if that is the size on the side of your tyre
I thought so, it has to be real dimensions NOT the dumb meaningless ones. The problem now is I can;t get back into settings, I struggled before but now I can't get in at all, why the Chinese are such sadomasochists?