Which Electric Bike (that doesn't look like an electric bike!)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Well not a Neo city but a Kalkokoff pro connect on ebay right now 24v 18 AH and bids only at £250 got to be worth a lot more. Ang seller has sold a few high value items before.;)

D8ave

Last edited:

silverdream

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2011
I believe all electric bikes look electric because the battery or motor (hub or crank) gives it away in most cases. With this in mind, the best electric bike is the Kalkhoff Pro Connect S Disk, but models from 2011 onwards.
It has the best components for the money (£1500 used - £2500 new); XT Deore throughout, comes with lights, rack, stand, mudguards (which some bike shops will charge extra, for other brands) so good for commuting out of the shop! It's also unlimited (+28mph before it cuts out), fast and powerful and looks like a bike and not a moped! I often research other electric bikes in the UK and abroad (Europe) and I always come back to the Kalkhoff. There was only one other bike that floated my boat, but it cost 5K, simply because it had a Rolhoff hub instead of Shimano gears. Rolhoff internal gear hubs cost £1500 and are unbeatable for reliability and maintenance, hence the price!

silverdream

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2011
And pray tell me Silverdream where I might buy one of these Kalkhoff bikes?
That wouldn't be 50 cycles would it?
KudosDave
Nope! There are several bike shops in Germany that sell Kalhoffs and it will cost you several hundreds pounds less (inc. shipping).

Mountainbike kaufen - entdecken Sie die groe Auswahl bei fafit24.de
Lucky Bike Fahrrad Online-Shop - Markenräder günstig
www.farrad24.com

for spare Kalkhoff parts; www.akkurad.de

My friends and I have had several bikes delivered from German bike shops (not just Kalkhoffs), they are great people to deal with and delivery slots are precise. If you want it at 12pm on a Thursday, they'll deliver at 12pm on a Thursday!

So get cracking with installing google translate for web pages! :)

Does this help?