Which first ebike, Voodoo Bizango or Cube Reaction Hybrid ?????

Lee5005

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2020
Margate Kent
Hi all

I'm 56 male and cycle for fitness and want to go further / longer so want to buy and ebike, budget of £2k.
Most riding will be road or simple trails.

I'm currently deciding between:
Voodoo Bizango-E Shimano Electric Mountain Bike
or
Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500

My current normal bike has 26" tyres so am quite drawn to 29" for better rolling, is this much difference?

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments for each bike, or maybe an alternative, i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant have speed and range why i have 2 batts for 50 miles flat out;)

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Hello,

I've owned both bikes, the Cube Cross Hybrid Pro 2018 and the Voodoo Bizango 2020. The Cube was a great bike to start with but the more ambitious I got off road, the more I fell off. In the end I busted my collar bone pretty badly and my son offered to sell me his new Bizango as he wanted a full sus bike after trying ebiking for the first time. The Bizango has a much lower cross bar that helps you get your feet down quicker when you need to. Both bikes have decent components though the Bosch CX way out performs the E7000 Shimano on the Voodoo. Both bikes are good on the road but the Voodoo excels off road and on the trails as yould expect. I have WTB Vigilante 2.5's on the Voodoo which really soak up the bumps and potholes on the road and neve really break grip on the trails. Which ever bike you get, buy a dropper post and learn how to use it, as it will save you broken bones. I'm 59, was 18 stone, now 16 stone and feel great. Twelve weeks off my bike with a busted collar bone was bad news, dont make my mistake. Have fun.

Attachments

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply, and ouch, hope it is all healed up now.
Hi Lee, Im fine now, thank you for asking. I got discharged at 5 weeks but told to be careful up to week 12

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Ouch, Jon you have my sympathy, I've had a few bumps myself. my big one (RTA) left me with one arm shorter than the other (they couldn’t find all the bone to put it back together) That was over 25 years ago, I’m 59 now and still love the trails but I don’t ride as hard/fast as I could because i‘m constantly reminded of the consequences of crashing, knee arthritis & bulging discs.

back to the OP
i have both a Cube acid one and a non electric Bizango as I prefer the geometry / comfort of a trail bike & love both bikes. I ride 85% road and have Big Apple plus’s on both (2” &2.25”) I find they roll well and regularly do 3 to 5 hr rides on the cube, there ok on dry trails as well.
I switch both bikes to Smart Sam plus’s for wet/winter riding as they offer reasonable off road grip (plenty for my style of riding) and still roll well on the road.