which high capacity decent quality battery for BBS01?

willywombat

Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2015
there seems to be a few option about and i'm far from an expert on these things so need some advice . I'd like to buy a battery that'll give me a good range in sometimes hilly terrain ( devon ) and is built with quality cells that'll last . Your recommendations please.
thanks in advance
Bill in exeter

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
there seems to be a few option about and i'm far from an expert on these things so need some advice . I'd like to buy a battery that'll give me a good range in sometimes hilly terrain ( devon ) and is built with quality cells that'll last . Your recommendations please.
thanks in advance
Bill in exeter
I bought a 36v 14.5ah battery from Jimmy at Insat, which he fitted into a Topeak saddle bag. Really pleased with it and his service and prices are exceptionally good.

Give him a call on 0208 361 1790 and tell him what you want. He's a really nice guy to talk to, but be prepared for a long conversation as he just loves to talk batteries :)
Bill in Lancs.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
thanks in advance
Bill in exeter
I've also used Jimmy at Insat , very happy with Service and battery performance

For balance though woosh sell their HL downtube mounted battery specifically designed for the bbs and gsm kits.

Both companies are uk based, quality service and uk based gaurantee

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Eclipse also another uk vendor.

D

Deleted member 4366

From Insat, you can choose whatever cells you want. He can also provide a range of cases or you can have just the cell-pack to mount in your own case. Just tell him what you want, and he can provide it at a reasonable price. He made a custom battery for me for a Brompton.