Help! Which is right for me?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Dont forget to keep in mind most hub motors have less torque than mid drive motors*. Not usually a prob if you are commuting, but if theres hills involved and you also intend to carry shopping or are....how do we say.... a little.. er...plump, than it might possibly struggle on the hills and require more input from the legs.

;) I knew you were joshing. Though surprised others didn't get the joke lol

* Standing by.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
ln my bias opinion the faro makes a smooth road bike with 28 c tyres and extras ie guards, rack, stand, lights etc But stripped of accessories and fitted with 35c and a few upgraded carbon parts handle bar seat post peddles etc the faro is a great little lightweight gravel bike. Just keep it light offroading and the faro glides over the terrain.

Reactions: Emmo

Emmo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2022
ln my bias opinion the faro makes a smooth road bike with 28 c tyres and extras ie guards, rack, stand, lights etc But stripped of accessories and fitted with 35c and a few upgraded carbon parts handle bar seat post peddles etc the faro is a great little lightweight gravel bike. Just keep it light offroading and the faro glides over the terrain.
I spoke to Woosh and it seems the Faro comes with 32c tyres as default now, so I think that'd alright! They can even fit some Marathon tyres. Previously I've only used a chunky 50mm MTB so it might take some getting used to. Would really love to take it on some flat gravel paths in the summer though, I wonder if it'd survive.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
32c marathon tyres will be more than adequate on light gravel
Absolutely. We ride solo and tandem with 700cx32 Marathon Plus, mainly on road but quite a bit of off-road when it's fairly dry. Most of that off-road is on bridleways that are much worse than light gravel.

We skip the muddy wet paths for two reasons, the MP have hopeless grip in mud, and mud really gums up the mudguards .