Help! Which is right for me?

Emmo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2022
Hi there,

I'm looking to get an e-bike and I've been researching them for quite a while to find the best one for me, but I'm struggling to decide. My ideal requirements are:

• Relatively light - ideally 16-18kg or less. I live up 2 floors in a flat.
  • Think I'd prefer a full size bike as a folder might be too limiting to ride (but easier to carry/store?)
  • Preferably disc brakes
  • Preferably a less obvious battery
  • Range 25-30 miles minimum
  • I think it'd mostly be used for errands around town (10 miles or under, many hills), carrying shopping etc., but would like the opportunity to use it on unpaved surfaces or longer occasionally
  • Preferably pannier/guards included
  • Up to £1300
So far I think my best choice is a Woosh Faro but it seems mostly suited for roads - would I be able to install slightly wider tires to make it more hybrid? Alternatively there's the Rambletta too but I'm not sure if a folder is right for me?

I've looked at options like the Pure Flux One, Ezego Commute, Revolutionworks Whippet, but found them lacking or not suiting my requirements well in some areas. The other alternative is a non-electric bike but I'd prefer not to arrive places sweaty with all the hills here.

Thanks for any help!

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
ln my bias opinion the faro makes a smooth road bike with 28 c tyres and extras ie guards, rack, stand, lights etc But stripped of accessories and fitted with 35c and a few upgraded carbon parts handle bar seat post peddles etc the faro is a great little lightweight gravel bike. Just keep it light offroading and the faro glides over the terrain.

Reactions: Emmo

Emmo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2022
ln my bias opinion the faro makes a smooth road bike with 28 c tyres and extras ie guards, rack, stand, lights etc But stripped of accessories and fitted with 35c and a few upgraded carbon parts handle bar seat post peddles etc the faro is a great little lightweight gravel bike. Just keep it light offroading and the faro glides over the terrain.
I spoke to Woosh and it seems the Faro comes with 32c tyres as default now, so I think that'd alright! They can even fit some Marathon tyres. Previously I've only used a chunky 50mm MTB so it might take some getting used to. Would really love to take it on some flat gravel paths in the summer though, I wonder if it'd survive.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
32c marathon tyres will be more than adequate on light gravel
Absolutely. We ride solo and tandem with 700cx32 Marathon Plus, mainly on road but quite a bit of off-road when it's fairly dry. Most of that off-road is on bridleways that are much worse than light gravel.

We skip the muddy wet paths for two reasons, the MP have hopeless grip in mud, and mud really gums up the mudguards .