Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2009
“Other“ is such a popular bike , I hope it wins E-Bike Of The Year 2009

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
I've fitted mirrors from my 'Other' brand bike to my Kalkfoff, so would it qualify now as 'a bit of the other'?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is that not English for Cyclamatic? With at least 7/8 now owned by forum members they deserve a place on the list.
:D Hardly!

A high proportion of the 196 "other" are in fact the Wisper brand.

That said, the list is very inaccurate anyway, for these reasons:

1) Less than one in six of the members have entered their bike.

2) Since only one entry is allowed, the many who have two or more bikes aren't fully represented.

3) Since only one original entry is allowed, the huge number of members who have changed their bike model at least once aren't correctly shown.

All in all, I regard it as factually useless, perhaps just fun value.

michaeljwhite

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Alien Unisex Special 2

Well I have just finished after 2 weeks of ownership trials and tinkering with my new Alien Unisex Special 2.
I am new to this game and have been following for months this forum to gain some knowledge of ebike and pedelec types.
I'm over 60 a little over weight and haven't riden a bike or anything on two wheels for 40 years, so was interested to see how I got on, thankfully the experiance was wonderful.
Alien helped me with information and Jim at Alien was very helpful before purchase and has been after.
The first few days I didn't go far only a couple of miles but today I've been 10 miles and it was great fun, I try to use the twist grip only a little up the hills as I'm supposed to be getting fit.
I find the Alien motor powerful enough in the front wheel and the wieght is about what I had 20 years ago as a bike so not a problem.
The new little computor I fitted said I was doing 15 mph on the flat when I tried motor only and when I got to a small hill, we don't have any large stuff in North Hants, I still cruised along uphill at 8mph.
Any one thinking of buying for the first time should do lost of internet or shop visits and look at Alien on line and speak/ email Jim, he is most helpful.
I tried a few others in shops Powercycle, Powerbyke,Wisper,Giant and A2B(very nice but what a price £1,990.00) and some names that I hadn't heard of or seen on websites.You pays for what you get and £600 is a fare price from Alien for what you get,I think, but what do I know I'm new to this.
Any one need to know more about the bike, please contact me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All in all, I regard it as factually useless, perhaps just fun value.

More reason to add the Cyclamatic then?
Maybe the administrator will add it in a year's time if the brand is still around, I don't know. One thing's certain, if every brand that appeared were added immediately the graph alone would be about a page long, so it's wise to wait a little while so that it only includes the names that last.

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
And on that basis, the Cytronex system has earned it's spurs.

(note to self)
No more posts today, writing about e-bikes is NOT as much fun as riding them ;)

Last edited:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I see kalkhoff have been added why not cytronex,wisper and alien who have been around just as long, i understand all the makes cannot be shown but these are popular brands amongst members,it would be good if you could update the make of bike you are riding at present.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Synergie Breeze

My wife owns a synergie Breeze

aussiejeff

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 7, 2010
Hi folks. I hit the vote button so I guess here is where I insert my asset... :eek:

I guess my Jamison Dakar Sports MTB with retrofit 36V EVS brushless front hub Bafang 200W mit Ananda 37V 15A controller + 7.2V NimH boost pak qualifies as ..... "t'other" brand :cool:

Cheers,

aj

LafRo

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2010
2 oldies here both Lafree. 1x Lite an 1x comfort (replaced the poor nexus 4 hub for a nexus 3 for better performance and milage)

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
hi, probably time to pad out 'other' as its become the biggest seller !
must be a lot of wispers in there for starters.....and lots of kits and diy stuff....?

regards

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes it would be nice to get this sorted out once and for all, there are a lot of good bikes out there that do not feature.

This possibly the reason this section of the forum does not get used so much anymore?

It would probably be a good idea to start afresh as I think buying trends have probably moved since the graph's inception?

Maybe even an anual graph and a running total. This would be most useful to manufacturers who need to see how their market share is holding up.

All the best

David

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have an electric folding mountain bike,San Eagle.Not seen any others who have this model on here,but it is very good.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes it would be nice to get this sorted out once and for all, there are a lot of good bikes out there that do not feature.

This possibly the reason this section of the forum does not get used so much anymore?

It would probably be a good idea to start afresh as I think buying trends have probably moved since the graph's inception?

Maybe even an anual graph and a running total. This would be most useful to manufacturers who need to see how their market share is holding up.

All the best

David

Just start another, list up to 50... Simply pick from Roni's excellent A-Z listing

Electric bicycle guide, leave all the others behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers