Which one, Cube touring hybrid one or Trek Verve +1

Smacke20

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2020
Hello!

New to this site and finding it really interesting, been struggling to find UK information. I was looking at these two models (2 local bike shops, these 2 were recommended, one from one shop one from the other) and I cant decide which to go for.

I had a shot of the Trek and really enjoyed it. Loved the upright position and it seemed great over my wee shot. Haven't had a chance to test the cube it isn't built up.

It will be used to commute through a village with the odd trip over canal paths and forestry tracks. I live in the highlands of Scotland so hills are frequent. I may also attach a small baby trailer thing at some stage,

As i am new to this the spec on both bikes seem similar, the batteries, etc seem the same. Could any of you recommend one over the other? Or if there is another bike that would be more suitable i am open to suggestions

Thanks for your help with this!"

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I'm sure they are both excellent bikes. Consider Woosh and Wisper as well to see if they have anything suitable. Probably a bit cheaper for an equivalent bike, and ongoing maintenance/repairs likely to be quite a bit cheaper.

Smacke20

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying, I am using the cycle to work scheme so not sure if that would affect me getting those bikes? thanks again!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I know Woosh can do cycle to work schemes. There are several different schemes (many of which take a huge 15% or so cut); your choices will depend a lot on your scheme.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
I have a 2019 Cube Touring bike (with ALP) and it's been excellent. Absolutely bombproof. Only downside is its weight. It's not a bike for carrying up steps or stairs.

But it is built like a tank and is very comfortable to go long distances on. I even did a 100km sportive on it and felt pretty fresh at the end (with two bars of battery left).

And its easy to pedal with the motor off (smooth action and zero resist motor) which helps extend its practical range on the flat.