whisper 905 in trouble, battery wont unlock from frame,power assist mode not working properly.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi,

I have a whisper 905 the oldest model with a kettle plug,i think it may be on its last legs, but maybe people can give me some advice, the peddle assist doesnt seem to be working properly it keeps working for 1 or 2 seconds then stopping for 1 or 2 seconds this has only happened in the last 2 weeks, i did hear this was a sign of the end of battery life.but i`m unsure, as the throttle works absolutely fine , i went out on throttle only tonight for 10 miles, it was fine.
But there is also another problem, the lock on the battery ,i cant unlock it, i remember when i locked it to the frame 3 weeks ago, it wouldnt lock easily i`m not sure what was in the way,i had to force it a bit ,but now i cant turn the key to disconect it from the frame :-| if i push any harder it`ll break, i did think maybe its the heat causing the problem but i`m unsure,i`m thinking to take it to the bike shop ,but i thought i`d ask here first, any ideas please? i

regards,

Stuart

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi,

I have a whisper 905 the oldest model with a kettle plug,i think it may be on its last legs, but maybe people can give me some advice, the peddle assist doesnt seem to be working properly it keeps working for 1 or 2 seconds then stopping for 1 or 2 seconds this has only happened in the last 2 weeks, i did hear this was a sign of the end of battery life.but i`m unsure, as the throttle works absolutely fine , i went out on throttle only tonight for 10 miles, it was fine.
But there is also another problem, the lock on the battery ,i cant unlock it, i remember when i locked it to the frame 3 weeks ago, it wouldnt lock easily i`m not sure what was in the way,i had to force it a bit ,but now i cant turn the key to disconect it from the frame :-| if i push any harder it`ll break, i did think maybe its the heat causing the problem but i`m unsure,i`m thinking to take it to the bike shop ,but i thought i`d ask here first, any ideas please? i

regards,

Stuart
Hi Stuart,

This must be one if our originals! It's Great to read you are still getting service from both bike and battery. They both must be about seven years old now?

Your best course of action would be to give our service department a call or better still email on support@amps.bike. Do you remember when you bought the bike and who from?

All the best David

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
oh would it ? i feel like you are spamming me david. i asked for advice not a sales pitch

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
Try and squirt some 3 in 1 into the lock, with a bit of luck it might free up.

ps

I also have a kettle plug 905 which is going string except for the battery which I finally had recelled last week.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No sales pitch here Stu. Seriously, we are not trying to sell you anything.

Simply wanting to assist you unlock the battery on your eight year old Wisper bike and get your pedal assist working properly again. I will always try and assist a Wisper customer no matter how old the bike is or how long a customer has owned it. It's something I have always done and will continue to do.

Our advice is free!

Sorry to have upset you.

If we can help, you know where we are.

All the best

David

Last edited:
Reactions: jdallan and D C
Mar 9, 2016
My Haibike had a problem removing battery. Pushed insert , straw thing on some cans of wd40, into lock and squirted quite a lot in to flush mechanism. Worked fine..think bits of mud etc get in.
Cant help on rest.
Good luck.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Graphite powder is best for lubing locks.