Who manufactures this mid drive kit?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's a tongsheng TSDZ2 OEM job.
I can order them with Woosh Bikes badge.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
Yes Definitely a Tongsheng TSDZ2 BUT no throttle or cut off brakes and you cant retrofit the throttle as noted in Endless Sphere(American site) thread.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Yes Definitely a Tongsheng TSDZ2 BUT no throttle or cut off brakes and you cant retrofit the throttle as noted in Endless Sphere(American site) thread.
Interesting points! I'm just wondering if the omission of these two features is due to it being torque sensing. Owners probably just want the bike to ride just like an unpowered one, but with a little added assistance to their leg input.

A throttle usually ends up with the rider using the bike like a mini moped, and maybe a low power torque sensing system, simply doesn't require any brake cut-offs. I know my 750w BBS02 wouldn't be so great, or safe, to ride without cut-offs, as its cadence sensor is simply a switch, either on or off.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
those with throttle have still their torque sensor.
Tongsheng did warn me that misuse of throttle can damage the blue gear.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
those with throttle have still their torque sensor.
Tongsheng did warn me that misuse of throttle can damage the blue gear.
Aha, so there is a throttle version. I just got the impression that all versions had no throttle. Good to know :)

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
I've got the version with throttle and brakes(with cut off) but i have never fitted the throttle or the brakes as i dont use the throttle and i prefer my Avid brakes, I just got the version i did because it was only a few pounds more and i already knew that they cant be retrofitted, Mines the 350w version but its the same as the 250w but different controller. There is no run on when you stop pedaling, its nearly instant, so i had no need for the brake cut offs.But if i did ever fit the throttle(i wont) then i would want the extra security the brake cut offs give.I have a Bafang 250w as well, its actually more powerful than the 350w TSDZ2 and it gets used more than the Tongsheng mainly because the LCD screen has more information available, the Tongsheng doesn't display volts, it only displays bars on a graph which doesn't work for me because i use Li-Po batteries. It also cant be programmed like the Bafang, but to be honest, it doesn't need it. Its a nice motor, well built, and definitely up there with the Bafang, I have a replacement bronze wheel which i have never fitted, just in case the blue nylon one ever gives up the ghost.

• Informative
Reactions: harrys and peter.c