Who's Behind me?

Phil S

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2011
Hi

I've just bought a Cyclamatic Power Plus hoping I can get back into a bit of cycling after thirty odd year break during which time I've become fat and unfit as well as old.

I've lots of questions to ask about it all: but for the moment I'm trying to find a mirror with a long enough "stalk" to give me a veiw of something other than my right arm.

I'm amazed that they don't seem to be readily available. I already bought two and they have both been rubbish.

Can anybody help please?

Phil

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Best of luck Phil. I keep looking for a mirror suitable for Dutch-style bars with their swept-back grips but so far I haven't found one I think would be any good. The topic has come up here several times and various members have recommended mirrors.

On my other bikes with straight(ish) bars, there are several mirrors which do the job but none of those work as well on my ebike. I quite like the idea (in principle) of the one which attaches to the downtube allowing a view between the legs along the frame of the bike. Unfortunately, pannier bags make that a non-starter for me.

Do let us know if you find something that works well and isn't easily damaged.

Regards,
Indalo

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Phil, I just looked at a picture of the Cyclamatic and it seems to have fairly straight bars. Have you tried, or thought about, the bar-end fitment mirrors? Any grip material requiring to be removed to facilitate the mirror fitment would be simply achieved and I know some members here use that type.

Regards,
Indalo

Phil S

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks again Indalo. I had considered this option but didn't really want to start chopping the grip about unless there was no other option. I'm not sure how I good replace the grip it I wanted to later as it sits partially covered by the "throttle"

Regards
Phil

Phil S

Jul 6, 2011
Hi

I've found a partial solution to my problm which has been staring me in the face.

My Cyclamatic sits next to my small Harley model 48 which has mirrors that sit under the h/bars. I've now mounted my mirror on the cyclamatic in a similar position and have a not ideal view of what's behind me. Ironically the stem now proves to be a bit too long but it might be a way forward.

Phil

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
I use a B&M CycleStar long stem mirror. Small glass but doesn't suffer from wind and vibration like larger ones. I use it on my Smarta which has Dutch bars.

It's available from Dotbike.

Bill

Phil S

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks Bill. That sounds like a better solution. I'll have a look on line.

Regards
Phil