Why So Many Bikes?

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Brompton for the same reasons as you lemmy and by far the best bike I have ever owned.
For some reason which is not immediately obvious, the Brompton is quite incredibly fast. I find myself whipping past younger and stronger riders on it and I just can't see any reason. It has a 3 speed hub gears, little wheels...why should it be so fast? It's light but weighing in as I ride it at 12kg, not unusually so.

Any ideas, Flecc? It's an oft noted characteristic of the Brompton, there must be a reason.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Cytronex Synapse for commuting (road only).

Cytronex SuperSix for leisure and pleasure, posing and bragging (road only), front wheel available for unpowered use.

Thorn Nomad 2 unpowered for all terrain leisure and load carrying (plan to convert) and cycling with unpowered friends, Rolhoff bling, split apart, traveling bike .

Marin Trail Attack full susser unpowered for singletrack and downhill bashing.

Dawes FS Team full susser (replaced by Marin) unpowered used to lend to non-cycling friends when they want to come along.

No room left in the garage and front room is starting to look like a cycle workshop, luckily I am single (at the moment) :rolleyes:

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Oooooo, that purdy :)

Where's my bib gone? I'm drooling here! Where's me bleedin' BIB?

Vikki. (soaked).

MAB

Pedelecer
May 12, 2010
Cycle City UK aka Cambridge
A sharp intake of breath, when one looks at price! :eek:

£3734!!!

I think I will stick with what I've got thanks!:D

Regards,

Mike.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
You sure?:D

swiss flyer x series

YouTube - Kanal von bikesportnews
Yes I know all about the Flyer X and almost, almost went ahead and bought one, but, damn £5K (for top of the range of course) ?!?!

Need a test ride first and luckily there's none in the UK (that I know about) :D

I wonder if ebay will ever produce one?

Last edited:

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Puts bib away - HOW MUCH! Whips out the smelling salts :eek:

That would buy me an ICE trike AND an Alpino!

Vikki.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Puts bib away - HOW MUCH! Whips out the smelling salts :eek:

That would buy me an ICE trike AND an Alpino!

Vikki.
But then you would need to extend your garage costing waaaay more ! And the extra servicing and maintenance on two bikes will add up.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
I also now own a second electric bike yes i gone back to a torq 1 for extra speed 22mph:D but its of road for a while as it needs a few things sorting out so in the mean time i will be still riding my pro connect:) . Would i ever buy another electric bike yes but it would need to be 20mph of road;) of course. Nigel.;)