May 17, 2017
Shropshire
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Like wise it would be the selling on off the Haibike, still there's nowt wrong with window shopping. I'd have another Haibike also as I do like mine and it's done good thus far.

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
I love window shopping for bikes.

For me it would have to be one of the new generation of long travel eMTBs with big batteries, the bigger the better.

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
Only had mine a year nearly but was eyeing up a Madera with Shimano drive. Apparently the Shimano unit has better IP rating.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Window shopping or internet browsing is fine as long as I don't go in! I think the manufacturers are somehow adding a love drug pheromone thing to the bikes so its like the sailors being bewitched by the sirens of old making the bikes almost irresistible with a small voice in my head saying things like .. You might not be here next week so why not?
Unfortunately I am very weak and easily led astray..

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Window shopping or internet browsing is fine as long as I don't go in! I think the manufacturers are somehow adding a love drug pheromone thing to the bikes so its like the sailors being bewitched by the sirens of old making the bikes almost irresistible with a small voice in my head saying things like .. You might not be here next week so why not?
Unfortunately I am very weak and easily led astray..
Think I'm safe at the moment regarding internet shopping. Our broadband speed is so poor we can't receive the pheromones - they keep breaking up.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I know them pheromones all too well, but then there's the on-line shopping devil.....I haven't listened to him as yet, but he's very persuasive.....repeat after me....you don't need a new bike...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I know them pheromones all too well, but then there's the on-line shopping devil.....I haven't listened to him as yet, but he's very persuasive.....repeat after me....you don't need a new bike...
I don't have to repeat that mantra.. wife automatically does it for me and sometimes I dont think she knows she is saying it.. strangely I don't need a new phone either!
Now if I had alexa i wouldnt dare utter the words..

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Nothing wrong with window shopping, but haven't seen enough advances to warrant buying anything to replace my bike. The Canyons odd wheel sizes does not appeal though.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Wife and I feel for impulse buy for her new bike. She gets a better bike, I get access to 2nd battery, just need to offload old bike will still in warranty.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In UK, the warranty is not transferable, is it different in NZ?

Tom
When LBS was going to sell my Scott on a commission basis they told me that both Scott and Bosch warranties are with the original purchaser and are not transferable. I checked with Scott and they confirmed that to be the case..

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
When LBS was going to sell my Scott on a commission basis they told me that both Scott and Bosch warranties are with the original purchaser and are not transferable. I checked with Scott and they confirmed that to be the case..
It would be good if someone would challenge this. I can see no reason for it and it dramatically affects the retail price as buyers are wary.

Tom

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It would be good if someone would challenge this. I can see no reason for it and it dramatically affects the retail price as buyers are wary.

Tom
Resale values are low anyway I mentioned selling mine to a friend when it was 1 year old for £1500 (Scott e-genius 910 cost £4000) and reply was why would I buy that when I can get a brand new G-Tech for less money. LBS suggested £1800 would be the price to ask for.. So decided to keep it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
Someone should develop a conversion kit so out of warranty cx units can be replaced with bafang or other drive units.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Someone should develop a conversion kit so out of warranty cx units can be replaced with bafang or other drive units.
all that you would need is a mounting bracket as it has been done on this bike.

Related Articles

Advertisers