Winter Draw(er)s on! bargains from Muddy fox at Sports Direct

countryman663

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2013
NWest Lake District
There is currently lots of Muddy Fox clothing at Sports direct for not much money compared to other outlets at the moment. the quality is servicable rather than outstanding and I would say that full price is overpriced!. But if you can get these and many other things at the reduced prices i've just kitted myself out for it's good value. Take a look, they even do bikes!
Lined waterproof Jacket
jacket.jpg amazon £54>99 SD £20
Winter weight padded cycling legging
padded tights.jpgamazon £29-£36 SD £12.99
Urban padded shorts with built leg tights things
padded shorts.jpgAmazon £36.99 SD £10.99
gloves
gloves.jpgamazon £29.99 SD £10.99

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
Just bought the £20 jacket and it's probably worth that much, but certainly not £55! A typical ploy to get you to buy a "known brand" ie at an inflated price

The only information regarding its properties, as attached to the jacket, was that it was 100% polyester. No information whether it was breathable or even waterproof, so I'm prepared for a nice sweaty ride, even on my ebike!

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
By principle i wont give any of my hard earned to Sports Direct who employ so many staff on Zero Hours contracts.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Most of the stuff SD sell is rubbish. Mike Ashley the owner is constantly buying the rights to many names that were once names of quality.... Karrimor, Firetrap, Lonsdale etc etc. These names are then put on cheap rubbish made in the far east with none of the quality they used to be.
They don't give refunds either, only a credit note to buy more of their tat.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Just bought the £20 jacket and it's probably worth that much, but certainly not £55! A typical ploy to get you to buy a "known brand" ie at an inflated price

The only information regarding its properties, as attached to the jacket, was that it was 100% polyester. No information whether it was breathable or even waterproof, so I'm prepared for a nice sweaty ride, even on my ebike!
Looking on the bright side, if you go flying and rip it you won't bother too much about it ! Still smarting from the tarmac ripping right through the elbow of a £200 Paramo top I was wearing last time I took a tumble. It hurt a darned site more than the fall !

countryman663

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2013
NWest Lake District

The point is Amazon ARE selling them at the inflated prices. the jacket is waterproof and fairly breathable, certainly better than the Aldi trousers I bought.
I was just making a suggestion to help people save money. I'm sorry to have offended so many of you.
Our local sports direct is nice to deal with and I have never had a problem getting refunds on wrong sizes etc. I am sorry if yours is not up to scratch but I'm warm and dry for a reasonable price. just as with the Aldi bargains you need to shop with care as regards quality and I always give some of my hard earned cash to the young people who are so helpful.

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
The point is Amazon ARE selling them at the inflated prices. the jacket is waterproof and fairly breathable, certainly better than the Aldi trousers I bought.
I was just making a suggestion to help people save money. I'm sorry to have offended so many of you.
Our local sports direct is nice to deal with and I have never had a problem getting refunds on wrong sizes etc. I am sorry if yours is not up to scratch but I'm warm and dry for a reasonable price. just as with the Aldi bargains you need to shop with care as regards quality and I always give some of my hard earned cash to the young people who are so helpful.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was merely making the observation that no reference to its qualities were been made, which is unusual. I'm pleased you have confirmed its qualities, so it does indeed seem like a bargain