Winter...

Marc Draco

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2018
"I'm going to crush this lock with my bare hands"

Proceeds to apply rare-earth metal, leave it for six hours and then attack it with a screwdriver. ;)

You have a good point though - seems that nothing is safe if you're a scally with an Internet connection.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i wont leave my bike anywhere i cant see it cos if there going to nick it then its going.

not much a batt powerd angle grinder wont cut through in 60 seconds all locks can be picked in seconds if you know what ur doing.

Marc Draco

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2018
i wont leave my bike anywhere i cant see it cos if there going to nick it then its going.

not much a batt powerd angle grinder wont cut through in 60 seconds all locks can be picked in seconds if you know what ur doing.
That (sadly) is a very good point Soundwave. My bike isn't anything special in the grand scheme of things but it's everything to me... so looks like it's going to be an everyday lock, battery removal and eyes peeled!

I suppose in time we'll get more secure facilities - but we only have one where I am that's already threatened with demolition.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont even have qr leavers on my bike just in case some tard try to rob a wheel/ seat post but also saves a few grams ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0030.JPG

Marc Draco

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2018
Oooo a Bosch crank motor... (excuse me a moment while I go take a cold shower)! Me? Jealous? With MY reputation!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Bike at station rhododendron 009.JPG

I was quite taken aback when I first noticed this bike tethered at one of my local stations in Surrey. Since I first noticed it the bike has been regularly left there by a commuter for about a year so far without mishap although I would not do it myself.

Though you have half a chance in Surrey as most of the residents own so much and earn so much that they cannot be bothered to nick anything. Though not all of course, and railway stations are renowned for bike theft.

If he/she is a 9:00AM to fiver then it gets removed before the bewitching hour when most of the tea leafs are out and about.

It still makes me wonder whenever I see it though!