Wispa, Grrrr......

RotharMor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2021
Grrrr. This is the 2nd time when miles from home my Wispa has went from 3 bars to zero! The bike & battery are about 10 months old and for various reasons I have only 350 miles om the bike.
I think both may be still under warranty. Any ideas out there?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Grrrr. This is the 2nd time when miles from home my Wispa has went from 3 bars to zero! The bike & battery are about 10 months old and for various reasons I have only 350 miles om the bike.
I think both may be still under warranty. Any ideas out there?
I'd be using the warranty, and if by Wispa you mean Wisper, talk to them! Very helpful, customer focused company.

Johnocyprus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2011
We all have problems with various products and services in our lives.
Most grown ups would try and resolve it with the company first before criticising the company online.

“ Any ideas out there?”

Mmmmm…….You should have a 12 month warranty. Had you thought of using it?

Very difficult for us to sort you and your bike out but Wisper may be able to.

So pick up the phone and call them today.

Last edited:

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
You can be unlucky with batteries and a good company like Wisper will I am sure replace it.

If this is your first electric bike and you bought it around October last year there are some newbie mistakes that can effect lithium batteries.

You should not just throw the bike in a shed or garage when winter sets in and do nothing with it until you drag it out in the Spring.

The charge level in the battery could fall very low. Conversely it is not a good idea to leave it fully charged.

Somewhere about 60% is about right, and store it in the house, and check it from time to time.

None of this might apply, but looking after those expensive batteries is definitely a good idea.

I have carefully looked after the 400Wh battery on my 2015 Haibike Yamaha, and it is still working really well now in its eighth year and with 16,000 miles ridden. I am not the most diligent looker after of things, but a £650 replacement cost concentrates the mind!