Wisper 705 throttle problem

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
I 1st mentioned my throttle problem in another thread yesterday about replacing rear tyre but thought it might be better to add this post under a more relevant title.Yesterday when I got my bike back from local cycle shop after getting rear tyre , pedelec was working fine but my throttle was dead, or so I thought. However when I was out tonight I realised that the throttle is working but only when I'm pedalling. That's much better than it not working atall but I didn't realise how handy the throttle only mode is until I tried to move off uphill and nearly fell flat on my face when the bike didn't move:eek: . I've had a look and there don't seem to be any loose wires or connections. Any further advice would be very welcome, thanks

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
I dont know what age your bike is but on the last couple of years there is a purple wire that can stick out from the controller housing. Your bike shop may have thought that these need reconnecting - they dont Just unclip them if you find this
When connected they either turn off the throttle or change it to walking speed depending on the model

Hope that sorts it

Regards

Alistair