Wisper 705

Garyboy

Just Joined
Apr 29, 2021
HI All,

I have just bought a second hand Wisper 705 and the battery will not lock into position, the locking peg does not click into position. Does anybody know how to overcome this problem?

Many thanks

Gary

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
HI All,

I have just bought a second hand Wisper 705 and the battery will not lock into position, the locking peg does not click into position. Does anybody know how to overcome this problem?

Many thanks

Gary
I have a 905 with the rack battery, and I guess your arrangement is similar. If you invert the bike (taking care not to damage the handlebar display) and undo the two recessed screws holding the controller compartment cover on you will have all the access you need to the innards of the battery lock mechanism. Make sure its not catching anywhere, and give it a squirt of WD40. Should do the trick. The controller compartment is the bit the battery locks into and has a plastic cover held in by the aforementioned 2 screws which (from experience) are best accessed with the bike upside down.

Tim@Wisper

Trade Member
May 6, 2021
HI All,

Many thanks

Gary
Hi Gary,
Is this issue resolved?
All the best
Tim