Wisper 705

sdf

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 25, 2020
Hi all

I've just bought a Wisper 705 - very pleased with it but noticed that after my first ride (only around 10k) there was more play on the rear brake lever and I'm having to press it further down to activate the hydraulic pads. I thought I could adjust this myself but immediately discovered that the brakes are not mechanical (i.e. no wire to adjust).

Does more mineral oil need to be added? The shop I bought it from it is a 2 hour round trip away so I'd rather save the time and do it myself.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers
S

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi all

I've just bought a Wisper 705 - very pleased with it but noticed that after my first ride (only around 10k) there was more play on the rear brake lever and I'm having to press it further down to activate the hydraulic pads. I thought I could adjust this myself but immediately discovered that the brakes are not mechanical (i.e. no wire to adjust).

Does more mineral oil need to be added? The shop I bought it from it is a 2 hour round trip away so I'd rather save the time and do it myself.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers
S
Is it adjust this with an allen key ? (I think that maybe just adjusts the reach)InkedPXL_20230907_144620798_LI.jpg

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Putting in more oil is not the solution. Adjusting the reach should solve it, as shown above. the only other possibility is air in the hose, but then it would be spongy rather than firm when it engages.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Brilliant, thank you, just tried it and they are back to normal.
Great.

Sometimes if you turn the bike upside down, hydraulic brakes get air in the hoses. In that case, just pump the brakes a few times to get it back out. make sure that the general direction of the hose to the reservoir is upwards when you do that. it sometimes helps to lean the bike over a bit.