Wisper 705se step-through

Laoúra

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 5, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Hooray - my bike arrived on Monday. Sadly no instructions, but downloaded a manual! I had to put the pedals on, adjust the handlebars and the mudguard (which was rubbing a bit on the front wheel - sounded like a duck quacking as I rode up the road!) but that was it. Oh, and I did charge the battery, even though it seemed OK.

Had a few whizzes around the block on Monday and then cycled to work on Tuesday (just over 5 miles each way). It was great. I haven't cycled much since September last year because a house-move (further away from work) coincided with my old push bike giving up the ghost so I've been on the bus. Happy to say that despite feeling a bit unfit, was at work in less than 25 minutes and not all sweaty and shattered at all. Coming home, I think it was more like 20 mins. The bus used to take an hour some days so very pleased with the commute.

It's generally quite flat where I live, but there's a bit of a hill (well, it's more of a steady incline really!) going into and out of the village, and it was really easy to cycle up there. One of the reasons I used to dislike cycling on a regular bike was because it gets pretty windy where I live. Despite it being a bit windy this week, it hasn't been a problem on my Wisper (you could say it was a 'breeze' :D ).

I'm still having a work-out - it's not a case of just sitting there like you're on a moped or something - so that's good. All my workmates have been really impressed with how the bike looks because they've seen electric bikes around which look quite old fashioned and this one certainly doesn't. I've put panniers on too so you can't really see the battery.

So it's early days yet, but looking good. Trouble is, I'm a bit paranoid about it getting stolen now - I have added it to the house insurance and although I have a d-lock, I'm going to get a better one.

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Hooray - my bike arrived on Monday. Sadly no instructions, but downloaded a manual! I had to put the pedals on, adjust the handlebars and the mudguard (which was rubbing a bit on the front wheel - sounded like a duck quacking as I rode up the road!) but that was it. Oh, and I did charge the battery, even though it seemed OK.

Had a few whizzes around the block on Monday and then cycled to work on Tuesday (just over 5 miles each way). It was great. I haven't cycled much since September last year because a house-move (further away from work) coincided with my old push bike giving up the ghost so I've been on the bus. Happy to say that despite feeling a bit unfit, was at work in less than 25 minutes and not all sweaty and shattered at all. Coming home, I think it was more like 20 mins. The bus used to take an hour some days so very pleased with the commute.

It's generally quite flat where I live, but there's a bit of a hill (well, it's more of a steady incline really!) going into and out of the village, and it was really easy to cycle up there. One of the reasons I used to dislike cycling on a regular bike was because it gets pretty windy where I live. Despite it being a bit windy this week, it hasn't been a problem on my Wisper (you could say it was a 'breeze' :D ).

I'm still having a work-out - it's not a case of just sitting there like you're on a moped or something - so that's good. All my workmates have been really impressed with how the bike looks because they've seen electric bikes around which look quite old fashioned and this one certainly doesn't. I've put panniers on too so you can't really see the battery.

So it's early days yet, but looking good. Trouble is, I'm a bit paranoid about it getting stolen now - I have added it to the house insurance and although I have a d-lock, I'm going to get a better one.
Using a couple of different locks is advised, and check the rating on them.

It's so good commuting, I hate having to use the car now ;). Enjoy your new bike