Wisper 805FE 2012 adding throttle and unrestriciton

D

Deleted member 4366

There's definitely something wrong with the battery. I keep saying: If it's under warranty, Wisper will sort it. They can test it and then fix or replace it. That should be your first port of call. If not under warranty, there's still some options to fix it.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
There's definitely something wrong with the battery. I keep saying: If it's under warranty, Wisper will sort it. They can test it and then fix or replace it. That should be your first port of call. If not under warranty, there's still some options to fix it.
Thanks. I have emailed Steve about this problem hope he can arrange for testing the battery.

Btw the motor for 805fe is BMF SWXB 250W. What is the potential about his motor?

Thanks
Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

Here's what I got from my Cyclamatic that has a similar motor, but the 24v version, so that you can see the effect of volts and amps, but don't expect to claim on your warranty afterwards.

Standard at 24v
Max current: 12.5amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 9.7mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 30secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 22 paces

half of shunt soldered 24v
Max current: 16.5amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 12.1mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 20secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 31 paces

half of shunt soldered plus 36v battery (showing 42v at start)
Max current: 17amps
Slight/medium hill test no pedalling max speed 15.7mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 02secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 45 paces

36v controller plus 44v lipos @49v not soldered shunt
Max current:15 amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 16.1mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: too dangerous
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill: 44 paces

36v controller plus 44v lipos @49v soldered shunt
Max current: 18amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed approx 18mph
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill: all the way to the top without pedalling
top speed slight down-hill: 32 mph

Last edited by a moderator:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Here's what I got from my Cyclamatic that has a similar motor, but the 24v version, so that you can see the effect of volts and amps, but don't expect to claim on your warranty afterwards.

Standard at 24v
Max current: 12.5amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 9.7mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 30secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 22 paces

half of shunt soldered 24v
Max current: 16.5amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 12.1mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 20secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 31 paces

half of shunt soldered plus 36v battery (showing 42v at start)
Max current: 17amps
Slight/medium hill test no pedalling max speed 15.7mph
Lap of the block flat out no pedalling: 2mins 02secs
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill no pedalling to near stall: 45 paces

36v controller plus 44v lipos @49v not soldered shunt
Max current:15 amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed 16.1mph
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill: 44 paces

36v controller plus 44v lipos @49v soldered shunt
Max current: 18amps
Slight/medium hill test max speed approx 18mph
1 in 4 hill test rolling start up hill: all the way to the top without pedalling
top speed slight down-hill: 32 mph
Wow. That looks good. Thanks a lot.

I probably wont do it until the warranty is expired. The priority project is still the first ebike and brompton conversion. However, after reading your rocky mountain project, I might get a good suspension bike first instead. Your project is amazing! I wish I could get this bike for that price £300ish.

By the way, there is a free three wire plug black red and yellow from my controller. do you know which wire for which function? I can just plug the throttle directly right?

Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

Last edited:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
I am planning to get the half twist throttle for it. Does anyone know which one is good?
My controller has free yellow black red 3pin black connector.

MY controller has a following parameters
Rated voltage 36v
Maxi current 14.5A
Rate current 7A
Low voltage protection 31.5v
Throttle adjustment voltage 1.2v-4.4v

Can anyone tell me how do they affect the sheep and power of the motor?

Many thanks.
Pat

Last edited:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Sorry Guyz. Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks.
Pat

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Pat

I have Half throttles If you send me your details and a photo off the plug on the controller I will post you one out to try If its OK it will cost £15 inc postage if no good just return

send info to my email

PS I need to know the breed of Sheep

frank@xipi.co.uk

Frank

D

Deleted member 4366

Your throttle connector wires are: red 5v; black 0v; yellow signal. Nearly all throttles have the same red and black wires, but the signal can be any colour, but often white, yeloow or green.

The problem with fitting throttles is to get the gear-shifter close enough to your thumb - not normally a problem if you have a lever type shifter on top of the handlebars.

If you have the white three-pin flat connector, that's pretty standard, so most throttles will plug straight in.

Throttles are fairly standard, and most should work and give the same performance. Some uncommon ones work backwards.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Your throttle connector wires are: red 5v; black 0v; yellow signal. Nearly all throttles have the same red and black wires, but the signal can be any colour, but often white, yeloow or green.

The problem with fitting throttles is to get the gear-shifter close enough to your thumb - not normally a problem if you have a lever type shifter on top of the handlebars.

If you have the white three-pin flat connector, that's pretty standard, so most throttles will plug straight in.

Throttles are fairly standard, and most should work and give the same performance. Some uncommon ones work backwards.
Thanks. Dave. Mine gear shifter is lever type at the low of the handle bar. See the photo

photo.jpg

Would that be a problem fitting to the left handle bar?

This is the spare connector

photo (1).jpg

It is the black one not the white one. Would that be a problem?

Thanks.
Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Pat

I have Half throttles If you send me your details and a photo off the plug on the controller I will post you one out to try If its OK it will cost £15 inc postage if no good just return

send info to my email

PS I need to know the breed of Sheep

frank@xipi.co.uk

Frank
Thanks Frank. I need to confirm with Dave if it fits my left handle bar with the low lever gear shifter first.

Pat

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Pat

I have left hand full throttles you could cut it down and thumb throttles same Price

I can see by the photo it is a female JST 3 pin connector and the colours on the Throttle side

Male on the controller

Frank

Last edited:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
No good as far as I can see. Sometimes you can squeeze in a thumb throttle on one side or the other, but I'd have to have the bike in front of me to say. you have to keep trying different positions of everything. Alternative is to change your shifter/s to this type:
SHIMANO TOURNEY THUMB SHIFTER 7 SPEED FRONT AND REAR - 21 SPEED GEAR SHIFTERS | eBay
Thanks Dave. I can provide more photos later. If something can be done apart from changing the shifter that would be great.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Pat

I have left hand full throttles you could cut it down and thumb throttles same Price

I can see by the photo it is a female JST 3 pin connector and the colours on the Throttle side

Male on the controller

Frank
Can you provide the photos for all your throttles? I want to check which one fit the best for my left handle bar.

What connector that can link with this female JST 3 pin plug?

Thanks.
Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
It came like that when I bought the bike. Is it not good?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
More pic of my left handle bar
photo.jpg

It looks like I can still fit the half twist throttle if I shift the lever shifter a bit further to the right.

Can anyone advise this matter?

Thanks
Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

The same question just came up on ES. Have a look here. My photos are in post #7:
Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Adding Throttle to Multispeed Bike
Sometimes you can get a thumb throttle on the RH side, but not always. You have to get the angle just right.so that the throttle lever just reaches your shifter at full throttle, and if your lucky, the brake snd shifter will be at the right angles. You won't know for sure until you try it.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
The same question just came up on ES. Have a look here. My photos are in post #7:
Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Adding Throttle to Multispeed Bike
Sometimes you can get a thumb throttle on the RH side, but not always. You have to get the angle just right.so that the throttle lever just reaches your shifter at full throttle, and if your lucky, the brake snd shifter will be at the right angles. You won't know for sure until you try it.
Thanks Dave. How about the half twist throttle? the lever shifter would not be on your way when you twist it right?