Wisper 806 noise

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Being a member here since 2016, I'm obviously purposefully being very annoying, whereas you, being a member here for all of 5 minutes, are just being purposefully obtuse.

Itsliahorse

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 8, 2022
Being a member here since 2016, I'm obviously purposefully being very annoying, whereas you, being a member here for all of 5 minutes, are just being purposefully obtuse.
5 minutes or 5 years doesn’t give you the Devine right to criticise members when they seek advice from other members.
You have the same status as me on this forum so come down off your self proclaimed high perch.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I'm perfectly grounded, thank you for your concern. The point I was making and still make, which you singularly fail to comprehend, is that you have full support from Wisper. Why didn't you use it in the first instance rather than cry wolf on a public forum?

Itsliahorse

Jun 8, 2022
I'm perfectly grounded, thank you for your concern. The point I was making and still make, which you singularly fail to comprehend, is that you have full support from Wisper. Why didn't you use it in the first instance rather than cry wolf on a public forum?
I did that first.
What is your concern that whilst I was waiting for the dealer to come up with the answer that I asked people who may have had similar experiences ?
In fact these people pointed me in the right direction, settled my concerns, came up with Wisper contact and allowed me to continue my planned cycling holiday.
You have been a continued irritation on this thread whilst offering no worthwhile information.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Well, what can I say. Sorry for trying to help by suggesting you contact Wisper with a bike that's still under warranty. Clearly I've been of no help to any users whatsoever over 8 years of contributions despite having 498 "helpful" votes. Clearly, the "5 minute" members rule, and like vfr400, I'm past my prime. Bye.

Itsliahorse

Jun 8, 2022
Well, what can I say. Sorry for trying to help by suggesting you contact Wisper with a bike that's still under warranty. Clearly I've been of no help to any users whatsoever over 8 years of contributions despite having 498 "helpful" votes. Clearly, the "5 minute" members rule, and like vfr400, I'm past my prime. Bye.
Make your mind up !! You said to contact the dealer first not Wisper, which I had done prior to posting.
The dealer was seeking advice and coming back to me. Still waiting but thanks to this forum, and despite your unwanted rebuff, it is now sorted and my holiday continues. Unofficial forum police like you are just so annoying but good luck with continuing to wallow in your self importance on this forum.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It's a simple proposition, although I doubt you'd understand. In law, your contract of sale is with the dealer. They have an obligation to help you within the warranty period. Failing that, contact Wisper direct, who underwrite that guarantee. Is that really too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

Your whinging over any public media damages the brand. Well done you.

Itsliahorse

Jun 8, 2022
It's a simple proposition, although I doubt you'd understand. In law, your contract of sale is with the dealer. They have an obligation to help you within the warranty period. Failing that, contact Wisper direct, who underwrite that guarantee. Is that really too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

Your whinging over any public media damages the brand. Well done you.
I just paid £4000 for 2 faulty bikes. If I want to whinge on a forum like this I will and no condescending forum policeman like you will stop me. However I didn't whinge I simply asked a question.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Tightening spokes after the first "so many miles" is a common user maintenance task when a bike is new. That's not a manufacturing failure, it should be expected. Some bike makers call attention to this; I haven't seen Wispers Owners manual, but several I've seen do. It's upkeep, not a failure.

Itsliahorse

Jun 8, 2022
Tightening spokes after the first "so many miles" is a common user maintenance task when a bike is new. That's not a manufacturing failure, it should be expected. Some bike makers call attention to this; I haven't seen Wispers Owners manual, but several I've seen do. It's upkeep, not a failure.
So you knew this but choose not to tell me.
I’ve never had a loose spoke noise in my 60 years of biking so wouldn’t know this. The manual says spokes need checking after 300 miles so I wouldn’t expect this on my second day out on 2 bikes. Thanks for nothing.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I'd expect the manual to state this or the dealer to tell you. Sorry for not meeting your own high expectations... but then I have nothing to do with the supply of your own two bikes.

My own 20" wheeled bike doesn't state this either, but as a seasoned veteran cyclist like you, I just expected to do it... and it did need doing.

From your initial explanation, your issue could have been any of a dozen causes given your description of shifting weight over the bike. I'm not psychic.

Itsliahorse

Jun 8, 2022
I'd expect the manual to state this or the dealer to tell you. Sorry for not meeting your own high expectations... but then I have nothing to do with the supply of your own two bikes.

My own 20" wheeled bike doesn't state this either, but as a seasoned veteran cyclist like you, I just expected to do it... and it did need doing.

From your initial explanation, your issue could have been any of a dozen causes given your description of shifting weight over the bike. I'm not psychic.
Not psychic just interfering.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I plan to do this on my return this weekend. I’ve satisfied myself that it’s loose spokes but can’t adjust easily with an adjustable so have ordered some tools that will be there on return.
Thanks for the offer of help on what are superb bike.
OK no problem and thanks for your kind words regarding the bike.

I do tell my staff that I absolutely guarantee that ALL ebikes will go wrong sooner or later! The big difference that we can make to our customers is in the way we handle and resolve problems. This forum is a very useful place to get advice and to see if a problem is already known.

If you need help with the wheels please call us.

All the best, David