Wisper 806 Torque

isla

Pedelecer
May 30, 2020
I am now the proud owner of one of these, bought it from someone whose only covered 14 miles on it since buying it last year. :)

My Qs are...

1) When Im going uphill and I give it some throttle , the motor seems to pulse on and off a few seconds at a time. Is this correct?

2)Please can someone tell me how to modify the throttle speed to 15mph.

Many Thanks

Sandra

ElectricJoe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2020
It won't be legal to do (2).
Re (1) are you pedalling or just using the throttle? If the latter, I think its merely engaging walk mode (up to 4mph) then stopping when it gets to that speed. Rinse and repeat.

Did you buy the bike thinking you could just use the throttle without pedalling?

Summary of the law regarding pedalling and throttles is on this site here https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/electric-bike-guides/uk-electric-bike-law/

isla

Pedelecer
May 30, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Yes your answer to my going up hill would be right, thanks for the easy to now understand explanation.

I already have another electric bike that’s got full throttle. I know the law changed in 2016 but I would rather take my chance and have my wisper also do more than the 4mph if possible to alter something.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

isla

Pedelecer
May 30, 2020
So I thought I won a watch here and would copy the instructions someone put up on youtube for a 905 torque, but my LCD doesn't have a low speed option showing to change it. :(

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
So I thought I won a watch here and would copy the instructions someone put up on youtube for a 905 torque, but my LCD doesn't have a low speed option showing to change it. :(
Have you looked at the manuals on our website Isla?

All the best, David

isla

Pedelecer
May 30, 2020
Thanks, I have indeed looked on your website and d/l the 806 Torque display manual but no matter how many times Ive followed the instructions I don't seem to have the speed feature. I only appear to have M/KM, Backlight,( BLT)Time and Trip/Total. Ive tried changing the display from Miles to KM but it makes no difference , the speed (LSPD)won't come up. I see the Wisper instructions are for a W108 there are no model numbers on my A9EA5D01-88BB-4AF9-A50E-802F36F0AF85.jpeg display as per pic attached. Have I got a different model perhaps?Thanks again.

Reactions: Dirk44

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: Wisper Bikes