Wisper 806 Torque

Audio2

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2015
We have two Wisper 806 torque bikes, when I was in the Lake District the power on hills even on level 5 seemed lacking. When I used the throttle I got an additional surge of power. This was inspite of pedalling hard having used lower gears.

These bikes do not appear to be as powerful as our front hub woosh torque kits fitted to our Thorne road bikes. These have no throttle but give a lot of power when you pedal hard.

Should these two systems have similar power?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
We have two Wisper 806 torque bikes, when I was in the Lake District the power on hills even on level 5 seemed lacking. When I used the throttle I got an additional surge of power. This was inspite of pedalling hard having used lower gears.

These bikes do not appear to be as powerful as our front hub woosh torque kits fitted to our Thorne road bikes. These have no throttle but give a lot of power when you pedal hard.

Sounds like one for Wisper and Woosh!

The motors will have identical 'continuous rated power', that wonderfully woolly parameter, but may have different maximum torque capability and maximum design rpm.

That would be noticeable on steeper hills. Were you on the major passes, or just normal Lake District undulations?