wisper 806

mermeo29

Pedelecer
May 31, 2020
Hi all advice please?
I'm looking at the wisper 806 and would like any advise regarding the cadence sensor vs the torque as I have a muscle problem I would need the easiest or should i say less pressure when pedaling. thought please?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I suggest cadence sensor for any issues like that. As long as you can keep pedalling you don't need any pressure to keep the motor working (ghost pedalling).

Torque sensor on a powerful setting will mean you only need quite small pressure to get the motor working so would probably be fine most of the time; but when you are tired and muscle aching you probably don't want even that small pressure.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cadence sensor all the way. Personally, I wouldn't have a torque sensor even without health problems. They just don't make sense to me on a bike for riding on the road. Cadence sensors are much more versatile.

10 years ago, cadence sensor systems were fairly crappy. They often had long delays and run-on times, and power control was very rudimentary - like only maximum power when you pedalled. I can understand why some people in those days might have preferred torque sensor systems as an alternative. The cadence systems available today are much more sophisticated. There are still some crappy systems hanging around on cheap electric bikes, but you shouldn't find one of those on a Wisper.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I like torque sensor system for the way it delivers power: smooth, refined, practically instantaneous.
As for those with health issues, as long as you don't try to climb killer hills, it's just a matter of choosing the right assist level.

Reactions: MontyPAS

mermeo29

Pedelecer
May 31, 2020
Cadence sensor all the way. Personally, I wouldn't have a torque sensor even without health problems. They just don't make sense to me on a bike for riding on the road. Cadence sensors are much more versatile.

10 years ago, cadence sensor systems were fairly crappy. They often had long delays and run-on times, and power control was very rudimentary - like only maximum power when you pedalled. I can understand why some people in those days might have preferred torque sensor systems as an alternative. The cadence systems available today are much more sophisticated. There are still some crappy systems hanging around on cheap electric bikes, but you shouldn't find one of those on a Wisper.

mermeo29

Pedelecer
May 31, 2020
great info thankyou

mermeo29

Pedelecer
May 31, 2020
I like torque sensor system for the way it delivers power: smooth, refined, practically instantaneous.
As for those with health issues, as long as you don't try to climb killer hills, it's just a matter of choosing the right assist level.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As said, a quality cadence sensor, which the Wisper should have, is the best choice.

David Miall, the owner of Wisper and one of life's good guys, will give you all the info you need.

Worth giving him a ring before placing the order.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
As said, a quality cadence sensor, which the Wisper should have, is the best choice.

David Miall, the owner of Wisper and one of life's good guys, will give you all the info you need.

Worth giving him a ring before placing the order.
Spare me my blushes!! But thanks Rob!

All the best, David

• :D
Reactions: RobF and Nealh