wisper 905 ignition socket problem

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi, I have a 7 yr old wisper 905 , the ignition socket where the key fits in is slowly failing,for a few months it has`nt clicked when i turn it to the red dot ,it usually rotates past this point & it wont start, so i have to turn it back then turn it slowly until i feel a click............. last night when i turned it on it seemed to turn too much, then i couldnt get it to turn on for a while, i finally got it to work by turning the key slowly until the lights on the throttle came on,its not clicking when its in start position now, can this be fixed? i`d like a new battery but cant afford one at the moment...... it does click when i put it in the "off" position,

regards,

Stuart

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Stuart, you need a new ignition switch. Please give us a call and we can resolve for you.

Great to read your 7 year old bike and battery are going strong!

All the best David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi Stuart, you need a new ignition switch. Please give us a call and we can resolve for you.

Great to read your 7 year old bike and battery are going strong!

All the best David

Great a simple answer and a simple solution, problem solved.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Nealh, I have always strongly believed the selling an EBike is only 50% of the job. We take a pride in either keeping in stock or being able to obtain parts for even our older bikes.

It's also very gratifying when someone who uses one of our older models asked for parts. Our batteries and bikes have always been a little more expensive than other similar bikes, but the longevity of our bikes is demonstrated over and over again.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi David ,

thanks for reply, I rang your amp store Claude was very helpful , unfortunately the ignition on the old kettle style battery I have cant be replaced, after looking in the battery I found one of the wires to the ignition had come off, so i soldered it back on,but it still is`nt working, would it be safe to bypass the ignition switch & connect the 2 wires that go into the ignition together? then put the battery in the bike ? I want to do this to test if the battery is actually working, Claude said I could use a switch from maplin to replace the ignition , but i`m not sure if the batteries still working........yesterday on the way home the bike stopped working......:confused:

regards,

Stuart

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David ,

thanks for reply, I rang your amp store Claude was very helpful , unfortunately the ignition on the old kettle style battery I have cant be replaced, after looking in the battery I found one of the wires to the ignition had come off, so i soldered it back on,but it still is`nt working, would it be safe to bypass the ignition switch & connect the 2 wires that go into the ignition together? then put the battery in the bike ? I want to do this to test if the battery is actually working, Claude said I could use a switch from maplin to replace the ignition , but i`m not sure if the batteries still working........yesterday on the way home the bike stopped working......:confused:

regards,

Stuart
Hi Stu,

Please call me tomorrow 07743236906, we will sort you out.

All the best David