Wisper 905 Se Sport 14ah 2009

E-Bikes Direct

Trade Member
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Everyone,

We have a 2009 Wisper 905 SE Sport 14ah ex-demonstration bike up for grabs; we had previously sold the bike on eBay but have been let down by the customer with the payment at the last minute.

The bike has covered no more than 30 miles and is in really good condition other than a half inch light scratch on the right hand side of the front forks and a small scratch to the frame also on the right hand side where the letter w is on the frame. Other than that the bike is in very good condition.

We can arrange delivery anywhere within the UK, If you are interested and would like to know any further information regarding this bike then please feel free to contact me on 01580 830959 or send me a PM

Regards
Matt

Gepida uk

Pedelecer
May 11, 2009
We delivery fully assembled Gepida bikes in a fairly big box, when they get delivered the customer all they have to you do is turn the handlebars round and pop the pedals on.
Nice and easy

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
Hi Aidan,

I thought Big Bee asked how do you deliver Wisper not Gepida, is the Wisper delivered fully assembled as well?

E-Bikes Direct

Trade Member
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Alex,

I was simply confirming how bikes are sent out fully assembled, and yes this is the same way the Wisper would be sent out.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
I bought my Wisper from e-bikes direct in September 2009, it comes in a huge great custom made box, from memory you need to assemble the rack and put the handlebars into the stem but everything else is put together already..

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
that sounds like a great service to me:cool:
I think it's Wisper's service rather than anything else.....

I bought mine from e-bikes direct and it came in a seriously solid box and I think that's how they ship from China. There's even a little flap in the side so that the battery can be charged without doing any unpacking in case the bike isn't sold immediately.

Can't fault EBD's service though - the bike had a broken gear selector (courier companies are a bit of a challenge for even the most robust packaging) and they posted one out with no delay and I had it the next day. The bike was delivered very promptly too.

Rog.

E-Bikes Direct

Trade Member
Mar 31, 2009
Spot on,

Wisper has invested a lot of money in trying to create the perfect box for shipping and safety of their valuable contents.

We have done something similar, we have had a specific box made for sending out fully assembled bikes to our customers, so all the customer has to do is put the pedals on and twist the handlebars round, it has never been made any easier for our customers.

Assembly on most bikes can take around half an hour to an hour depending on which brand you go for, now it takes them no more than 5 minutes

Simple

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Great Service

E-Bikes Direct are one of only two internet based companies Wisper work with because of this and their attitude towards offering great after sales service.

Like On-Bike they are also BEBA founder members.

The next traunch of membership invitations will be going out to all those Wisper, Gepida, E Motion and Ezee retailers next week who believe that the customer is King.

Any electric bicycle retailer, dealer or manufacturer that would like to become involved in BEBA and the work we are doing to promote the electric bike business in the UK, please do not hesitate to email me at dmiall@me.com

Best regards

David

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
E-Bikes Direct are one of only two internet based companies Wisper work with because of this and their attitude towards offering great after sales service.

Like On-Bike they are also BEBA founder members.

The next traunch of membership invitations will be going out to all those Wisper, Gepida, E Motion and Ezee retailers next week who believe that the customer is King.

Any electric bicycle retailer, dealer or manufacturer that would like to become involved in BEBA and the work we are doing to promote the electric bike business in the UK, please do not hesitate to email me at dmiall@me.com

Best regards

David
who is another on-line retailer selling Wispers with good service just as a matter of interest David?

best regs

Alex

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Whats wrong with under cutting? It's called competition, and anything that lowers the price to the consumer, particularly now with the general lack of disposable income, is a good thing in my view. In any case, there is a limit for to which retailers can cut the price, being the wholesale price.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Cost cutting

This is a very difficult one Bigbee.

I don't like to see our bikes discounted and we do discourage it.

However,

1. It is illegal for us to price fix.
2. Competition is a fact of life, whatever you buy be it a car a computer or a vacuum cleaner if you shop around you will find differing prices.

As long as a dealer can offer a decent service and is not being stupid there is very little we can do.

We at Wisper always recommend that a purchases buys from a local dealer so they can benefit from a heightened level of service. If I were buying an expensive piece of equipment I would certainly look for my nearest supplier. However there are still counties in the UK that are not well covered and I would suspect that EBD sell a lot of their bikes into these areas.

What is very interesting is our top dealers don't have a problem, they sell their service and a lot of Wispers!

All the best

David

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
We at Wisper always recommend that a purchases buys from a local dealer so they can benefit from a heightened level of service. If I were buying an expensive piece of equipment I would certainly look for my nearest supplier. However there are still counties in the UK that are not well covered and I would suspect that EBD sell a lot of their bikes into these areas.
this is precisely why I got mine from EBD. The electric bike sales shop in Cambridge had limited opening hours (only half a week) and its a bloody long way away from Ipswich. (The Cambridge lot have apparently extended their phone answering hours but I haven't spoken to them for ages).

Another potential dealer in my area had shut their retail premises and turned into a breeder of pedigree cats!

Cute but not as useful as bikes to me as I work long hours and no longer have time for looking after pets, although I do let a random cat into my office (I work out in the sticks and all manner of animals/wildlife visit) who always seems to inspect and admire my Wisper :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Even though my retailer is only 20 miles away it's the other side of London which is like having to travel 50 miles anywhere else in the country. It was close enough for major problems but I still need to be self sufficient for most issues and a good mail order setup would probably have been easier for me to use.
Fortunately Mr Miall lives fairly close to me. ;)

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
This is a very difficult one Bigbee.

I don't like to see our bikes discounted and we do discourage it.

However,

1. It is illegal for us to price fix.
2. Competition is a fact of life, whatever you buy be it a car a computer or a vacuum cleaner if you shop around you will find differing prices.

As long as a dealer can offer a decent service and is not being stupid there is very little we can do.

What is very interesting is our top dealers don't have a problem, they sell their service and a lot of Wispers!

All the best

David

I love and hate the internet at the same time.We wouldnt be in business without it,but we are constantly getting under cut by people working part time in their bedrooms ,who get goods sent direct from suppliers,so no over heads what so ever,except Ebay charges.We've a 7000 sq ft warehouse to pay for each month ,plus three blokes who dont seem to want to be here every day for nothing and want paying each month too.We dont sell ebikes btw.If your dealers are taking stock ,thats not too bad as they are commiting to the brand.If you're drop shipping then I think its out of order,though I dont think you are.
There may be a new law that may change things.Some brands,mainly fashion and consumer goods are presssing that products can not be sold on the internet unless the same company has a bricks and mortar shop that already sells the same products.Id love it if this is passed.

Anyway,onwads and downwards................

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Drop shipping

Hi Bigbee, I sympathise more than you can imagine having been in a very similar situation with 30,000sq ft in London, but that's another story.

As a matter of interest we don't drop ship, we did look at doing this with a big electric bike supplier but decided against it. EBD have a large warehouse in kent and never order less than 10 bikes at a time, they pre build and PDI all bikes before despatch. Where as I work from home! :eek:

All the best

David