wisper 905 torque

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
hi looking for help wisper 905 torque trip meter power bars not droping after going 26 miles
Hi. I also have a 905 Torque. Not exactly certain to what you are referring; presumably the 5 bars in the battery symbol showing the state of charge of the battery? If this is what you are referring to then I have noted the same thing. I have the 375 battery which should, and does, have a range roughly of around 35 miles. However, the symbol drops to 4 bars after about 20 miles, but thereafter the remaining 4 bars disappear fairly rapidly and by 30-35 miles the battery switches off. Not sure why it behaves like this, but as long as you are aware that the symbols don't disappear on a linear basis, ie one bar every 20-25 miles, you simply have to factor this into your journey planning.

IanHurley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2020
I also have a 905 torque but have the larger 575w battery. Its not unusual for me to go nearly 30 miles without dropping a bar but that doesn't mean it will do 120 miles as above its not linear and its not always the same either. Hills plus wind and it drops much quicker

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You'll probably find that when it is full it will show full bars even when you are using lots of power (high setting, hills or whatever). After 20 or so it probably shows full in normal pedalling, but drops a bit under full power. When you get down to three bars after a few more miles it could easily drop another bar (or even two) from heavy use. You don't want to let it go right down to one bar in ordinary pedalling; you might find it drops enough to cut out when you need it for a critical hill.

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
north lanarkshire scotland
You'll probably find that when it is full it will show full bars even when you are using lots of power (high setting, hills or whatever). After 20 or so it probably shows full in normal pedalling, but drops a bit under full power. When you get down to three bars after a few more miles it could easily drop another bar (or even two) from heavy use. You don't want to let it go right down to one bar in ordinary pedalling; you might find it drops enough to cut out when you need it for a critical hill.

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
what happens with mine the bars dont go down they will still show 4bars even when battery is run down when i was out yesterday i had to walk back no power left in battery lucky when i charged it went back to full

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
what happens with mine the bars dont go down they will still show 4bars even when battery is run down when i was out yesterday i had to walk back no power left in battery lucky when i charged it went back to full
Ah, that's a much more extreme problem than the standard ones that come from non-linear display and voltage sag. It sounds as if the display is badly calibrated; I don't know if there is a setting for that, or maybe need a new meter. Is it still under guarantee? Did it work sensibly before?

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Ah, that's a much more extreme problem than the standard ones that come from non-linear display and voltage sag. It sounds as if the display is badly calibrated; I don't know if there is a setting for that, or maybe need a new meter. Is it still under guarantee? Did it work sensibly before?
ive only had bike 6 weeks its been like that since day one

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Got to agree. Something not right there between the battery and the handlebar display. Definitely a dealer job under warranty. Wisper will see you right.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
what beats me every thing else on display is working excepot power bars
I think that of all the features which appear on an ebike handlebar display unit the battery indicator is the most innacurate; in some cases to the point of being almost useless. Having said that, if yours is showing 4 bars even when the battery is empty, then there is definitely something wrong which needs to be corrected, or perhaps a new display unit. Luckily for you, I don't think you need to bother your head about it; just get back to the dealer under the warranty, or in case of difficulty give Wisper a call. They value their reputation.

JOIG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2017
Scotland
I think that of all the features which appear on an ebike handlebar display unit the battery indicator is the most innacurate; in some cases to the point of being almost useless. Having said that, if yours is showing 4 bars even when the battery is empty, then there is definitely something wrong which needs to be corrected, or perhaps a new display unit. Luckily for you, I don't think you need to bother your head about it; just get back to the dealer under the warranty, or in case of difficulty give Wisper a call. They value their reputation.
One way to check is the LED indicator on battery . Does it drop? Failing that if you have voltmeter it may be worth checking volt and see what the drop is after your ride. I have a 905 with the 575 battery and it does tend to show four bars and then drops suddenly after about 35 miles depending on hills etc.

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Hi!

Everything said here is correct, the bar display does not show a linear drop in voltage. We are aware of this issue and have found a fix. Please drop me a line to david@wisperbikes.com I will assist the best I can.

All the best, David
i think if i had to buy again it would have to be local , when you have problems you need back up and i cant get that living in central scotland so if your buying a ebike make sure your near a dealer.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
i think if i had to buy again it would have to be local , when you have problems you need back up and i cant get that living in central scotland so if your buying a ebike make sure your near a dealer.
Hi,
Further to Wisper's post #14, I have arranged to remove my controller in the New Year (I'm assured its an easy task), pop it in to my dealer about 5 miles away, and they will return it to Wisper for a software update to fix the problem. I'm assuming that you have no dealer within a reasonable distance in Central Scotland? Perhaps you can post it to Wisper? I would give them a call and see what can be done.
Edit - sorry, just noticed your age! Perhaps removing the controller might not be an option for you. Don't let it put you off using the bike - just allow a good safety margin when out riding. I would encourage you to ring Wisper, though!

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
Further to Wisper's post #14, I have arranged to remove my controller in the New Year (I'm assured its an easy task), pop it in to my dealer about 5 miles away, and they will return it to Wisper for a software update to fix the problem. I'm assuming that you have no dealer within a reasonable distance in Central Scotland? Perhaps you can post it to Wisper? I would give them a call and see what can be done.
Edit - sorry, just noticed your age! Perhaps removing the controller might not be an option for you. Don't let it put you off using the bike - just allow a good safety margin when out riding. I would encourage you to ring Wisper, though!
thanks for the reply there is one dealer just over 30miles away ill give them a ring thanks again.