Wisper 905e or Powacycle Salisbury

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Coops

Hi David,

I'm interested to know what voltage, battery type and arrangement and controller current limit was used; what sort of range you get in hilly & mixed terrain. Still 26" wheels too? I daren't ask what range you get at 34mph :eek: though you're trying high capacity lithium batteries aren't you? What type are they e.g. ion/polymer, manganese/cobalt etc. (I don't understand all the differences between them!) and how good do you find them, because I've heard some Li batteries can give "disappointing" performance?

Its good to hear your upgrades make the ride nice :): the basic "ride-ability" of a bike is very important.

Stuart.
Hi Coops

I must admit it seems a little high and I can only imagine that after achieving 34mph it immediately runs out of steam! :rolleyes:

We are using a new 13.8a Lithium Manganese from Lichen with a new controller developed for the battery and motor combination. Since Flecc has now given me understanding of the law regarding motor power we have been able to put a more powerful "lump" on the back wheel which no doubt is contributing to the performance.

Because we have effectively increased the "power" of the battery by 38% we are also getting great range at the 15mph mark I have been told over 30 miles on power only, but again I have not tested it here so I am not confirming that figure and expect it, like the top speed, to be lower.

Lithium Technology is improving at a staggering rate and lithium Ion (cobalt)batteries of a year ago can't compare to the Lithium Manganese batteries of today. It also seems that Lithium Polymer will also be offering a 13.8a ebike pack in the very near future.

Lithium Polymer powers the new 640HP Electric Mini and as far as I can see is the battery of the future.

We have worked hard on making the bike as "ride-able" as possible and can't wait to test the new Alivio gear system. Our mission is to make a pedelec that can't be differentiated from a non electric bike (unless you look!)

Thanks for your kind comments, David

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Thanks for the quick reply and information David, sorry I only just saw it! :eek:

The higher capacity battery and potentially higher range sound good. So is the voltage the same as before i.e. 37V?

Your cautious approach to range & speed figures is creditable, much appreciated and rather refreshing, while still providing a "ballpark" figure :). I'm sure you'll probably have more definite information when you have tested the bike more, and it sounds very good so far, but if I could make an observation: its good for information purposes that you mention "on power only", however any range figures are only useful if the type of terrain they are measured in is also stated because the range can be so much less in hilly areas than on the flat, as flecc will tell you from his experience!

I know its hard to gauge "hilliness" EDIT: Its not necessary to, please see current posts in the thread link below, but maybe thats something can be explored if you're interested (I think its already been discussed a lot on the forum here, and ongoing too! :rolleyes:).

I don't want you to think I'm "nitpicking"; I only mention it because its such an important point which most if not all manufacturers or suppliers omit either to declare or consider :).

I am very interested to hear more about how your bike, battery & motor package perform, and keenly await more definite results :).

All the best,

Stuart.

Last edited: