Wisper 905se. 2020

GeorgeB

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Wisper 905se counterfeit brakes? Before I bought my bike I have seen on YouTube that wisper has Tektro brakes. The bike that I bought at the end of May this year, comes with brakes that don’t have name. They look like cheap brakes that still make noise after 350 miles. Today I discovered a recent post on YouTube that wisper has Tektro brakes!!! Is anyone else in the same boat with me with no name brakes please?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi George, we stopped using Tektro (edit... hydraulics) a couple of years ago after having recurring problems with the brand and have been very successfully using JAK ever since, they are not counterfeit?? In our opinion they are better than Tektro, we certainly have fewer problems. If you have noisy brakes after 300 miles please contact our support@amps.bike team and they will resolve for you.

All the best, David

Last edited:

GeorgeB

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Hi David,
I don’t have nothing personal with you, but I am not agree with you. This man bought his bike on May 29 and has Tektro brakes. Saturday I will go at the service... I will see the cost of the service too... 37700

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
OK no problems I am just giving you the facts, we have not used Tektro hydraulics for years. There may be old Wispers in the dealer network though.

The image here is an 806 where we don't use hydraulics due to problems folding hydraulic lines. The Tektro cable brakes are good and we continue to use them on all our folding bikes.

All the best, David

GeorgeB

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
David, I think is only my fault for buying o WISPER 905se with unbranded brakes.
It is very clear in your description on the website that the brakes on my model doesn’t have any name. I can find only the dimensions, but not which company are making them...
Again, is my fault because I am not paying more attention for what I am buying...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Seriously the brakes we use are are fantastic we simply buy them branded Wisper, they are much better than the old Tektro models, fewer problems, no leaks and work just as well if not better. We did get a batch of contaminated pads a while ago and were sent replacements by air immediately, including new discs. JAKs service is fantastic by comparison to Tektro. However if you are having issues simply call our service department and they will resolve.

All the best, David

GeorgeB

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Hi David,
I just sold my Wisper 905se being concern about the quality who can cause me problems in the future. (I think is a good news for you to lose a complainer).
You are extremely lucky to have people like Claudiu in your company. This person has one of the best Customer service skills who I have met in the last years here in UK.
You have good Customer service, but the closer dealer for me was 10 miles away.

About the brakes...Was made the same noise like in the first days of use when I was to made the service at 500 miles.
I received the different disks, better quality and my bike was 100% a different bicycle. But was not like this when I paid the money for this product...

If I will buy a Wisper again?
What do you think David?

All the best!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi George!

Thanks for your message.
Thanks for your kind comments regarding Claud and our customer service, I’m delighted to read it’s the best you’ve experienced.

We did have an issue with particular batch of brakes but as you know this has been entirely resolved now. Our manufacturer made some small changes which along with some contaminated pads caused the noise issues.

We would be pleased to supply a new bike any time. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

All the best, David

Last edited: