Wisper 905SE arrived today

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Received the new Wisper 905SE today from the Electric Transport Shop in Cambridge.( very helpful and friendly)

First impressions are that it rides very nicely and as a 6ft, 85Kg not very energetic cyclist I seemed to be able to find a comfortable position although this will have to be tested with a longer journey.

The buttons for pedal assist and throttle do not give any status indications so sometimes you don't know what is on or not.

I still have not figured out the derestrict button which seems to have no effect but maybe I need to go a bit faster! Rear lighting gets easily blocked by a pannier and I will have to modify this.

I bought the bike to do a 6 mile commute mostly on flat terrain ( except the last 100 yds)just over a third on tarmac cycle track / off road. The intention is to arrive at work without sweat and, as i have a medically complaint, without too much puff. Riding on my normal bike was on the margin and over the last two years I have only used it ocasionally.

If the Wisper lives up to its first impressions, it should turn into my regular transport beating increasing Cambridge traffic and the congestion charges due in 2010!

I will add to this post as my experience increases and get eventually a larger review on the Bike reviews section.

John

Bradwell

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi John,
may I ask what it cost, what is the spec and do you have any photos you can post on the forum. There is no info on the Wisper site about this model and nothing on at the Electric Transport Shop site either.
Thanks;)

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Hi Bradwell,

It is the City spec. but therein lies an interesting point. First I should say I have no photos but there are some on the clinics part of this forum from Wisper itself and most of the specc is there. Second the price is not far short of £1200, but you would have to talk to Eddie at the Electric transport shop or Wisper to see what they would do for you.

I understand the Electric Transport shop has sold most of what they had. Eddie tells me he has some problems with moving things fast onto his website.

The interesting point about the model is that apparently both can be constructed from what arrives in the box and the frame and motor are the same - my version has the pannier rack and the mudguards installed together with a throttle.

It seems these bikes are hot into the country - there is no English handbook as yet. I am very reliant on being able to get support from Electric transport or Wisper - they all seem nice and helpful.

John

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
John,
When I tried out the Wisper the function of the three buttons was the one thing that was far from clear! Perhaps the manual will spell it out, but it would have been nice to have something that gave you an indication of whether each button was 'on' or 'off' - such as an LED or even a switch which had a different on and off position.
While I couldnt fully crack all those buttons, the one on the right is the off-road/de-restrict one. I was pedalling along thinking it was a pretty average electric bike then I pressed that one and it just took off - I think you'll know when you've found the off-road setting!
Hope you enjoy the bike and look forward to hearing how you get on.
Regards,
Frank